My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Had a reply from Humax via email regarding the empty schedule problem and they stated it's not a software problem. Funny that as I never suffered the problem before 1.01.49. They offered no other ideas. To be honest I'm seriously thinking of moving over to YouView.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 19:14:43 #21 |
  2. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Thanks for all the responses.
    Yesterday I got the following email from Humax,

"We have received a small amount of reports of customers experiencing problems with the schedule, we are currently not sure if this is related to the update or not, a reset seems to stop the issue from happening after it has cleared the schedule."

I did a factory reset and so far it has been ok.
    The question is why are only some users experiencing the problem?
    We may get answers, Humax do seem quite keen to make the FVP-4000T work properly.

David.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 19:48:35 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gdavidson

I'm having exactly the same issue too with the latest firmware version - blank recording schedule list. I performed a factory reset yesterday and initially things seemed fine until this evening when I was greeted with a blank EPG, or rather all the rectangles were present for the programmes at the correct time/duration with scheduled recording badges and the other customary icons in the rectangle.

I could not resolve this by putting the unit into standby and powering back on. Interestingly the HDD never shut down in standby like it usually does when not recording and eventually I powered it off at the wall and rebooted. I got the EPG back immediately on boot up but... all the scheduled recordings disappeared again other than only appearing in the EPG.

Curiously when clicking on an existing scheduled recording in the EPG, it only offers options to record, not to cancel.

It appears if I want to cancel a recording, I need to perform a factory reset!

I've logged a call with Humax tonight just to help add to their awareness of the issue.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 20:23:45 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

aciddad - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for all the responses.
    Yesterday I got the following email from Humax,
    "We have received a small amount of reports of customers experiencing problems with the schedule, we are currently not sure if this is related to the update or not, a reset seems to stop the issue from happening after it has cleared the schedule."
    I did a factory reset and so far it has been ok.
    We may get answers, Humax do seem quite keen to make the FVP-4000T work properly.
    David.

A factory reset doesn't fix the problem, for me at least. I was ok for a couple of days then the issue came back. They also tried telling me it was not a known issue and was not related to the last update, despite it happening for the first time straight after the update.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 22:03:03 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per my previous posts, the people who need to know at Humax Towers have been alerted by me.

See posts # 6 and # 8

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 22:59:01 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gdavidson

Thanks Barry - fingers crossed they can find the problem.

Surprisingly, this morning after my unit was on standby overnight, the recording schedule has fully repopulated!

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 9:52:17 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Mine is back for brief appearance today before it will be empty again in no time no doubt.

I've checked the Humax app and I've never had any recordings show up on the schedule list, despite being able to remote record from the app. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? I've tried setting up to accounts on myhumax.net, re-installed the app, changing various settings and still nothing.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 11:30:43 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

aciddad - 19 hours ago  » 

Nobody should be having to reboot and/or reset daily. It's good practice after an update or once only to see if it clears a problem.

I think we established it happens with and without remote apps. We haven't established whether it also happens in a single transmitter area (afaik). It's been reported that it happens in multiple transmitter areas.
    Also some of the older posts from users that experience this refer to a problem with intial tuning and getting all the channels/MUX properly

It's very easy and only takes a couple of minutes to tune to a channel, press record, tune to another channel in a different MUX and press record and do this again for another channel/MUX and then check the 'signal test' in settings to check the strength and quality of all three tuners.

I'd imagine most people are by now on the same software and this problem only seems to be affecting a handful of boxes, although I guess a large amount of users wouldn't be aware as they rarely ever look at the schedule outside of the EPG. There must be a common demoninator - I'm surprised this hasn't been found yet.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 15:43:28 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Had a email reply regarding loss of schedule. Humax have had numerous owners contact them and they asked for the LAN MAC and WLAN MAC settings on my unit. Hopefully this information will help them put the loss of schedule right.

| Sat 3 Dec 2016 9:52:16 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 
    Had a email reply regarding loss of schedule. Humax have had numerous owners contact them and they asked for the LAN MAC and WLAN MAC settings on my unit. Hopefully this information will help them put the loss of schedule right.

I'd be happy to supply that info as well if they want it. My 1TB box lost its schedule again overnight, but not the 500GB box (yet).

| Sat 3 Dec 2016 11:52:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.