My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Mine has been ok since the factory reset on Wednesday but had no schedule this morning (Saturday). It is recording ok. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see if it comes back, as Barry has suggested.
    My feeling is that a factory reset does no more than a power off/on, but is a lot more trouble. And Humax have never previously suggested a factory reset after installing new software on this or other boxes.

David

| Sat 3 Dec 2016 14:23:36 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

As above.... all of the posts above !!!!

I've rebooted, reset, factory defaulted, not once did it clear the FAULT.

HOWEVER, once whilst watching something, the 4000 rebooted in a different way, and when it came back... the full schedule was there.... for a few hours then it disappeared again.

New recordings show up in schedule.... until they too disappear !!

All this since the last software update !!

All 3 tuners show good signal at all times.

IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY A HUMAX SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM.....

At least I don't lose timer settings, if I did the box would be going back to Humax...... or the TIP.

Not used any remote app etc.

Also, cannot amend nor delete timers in the EPG since update !!

PS:
    A tip...

I put a small blob of Blutack on the OK button, this allows me to press it in a darkened room !!

And aids navigation around the remote

| Sat 3 Dec 2016 14:48:20 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

aciddad - 1 day ago  » 
    Mine has been ok since the factory reset on Wednesday but had no schedule this morning (Saturday). It is recording ok. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see if it comes back, as Barry has suggested.
    My feeling is that a factory reset does no more than a power off/on, but is a lot more trouble. And Humax have never previously suggested a factory reset after installing new software on this or other boxes.
    David

Humax will more than likely suggest that you do a factory reset if you ever report a problem.

| Sun 4 Dec 2016 20:40:56 #33 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

It's true they are keen on factory resets, but in their defense, in the email they sent me it said "a reset seems to clear the problem", and I wonder if they got that from reading this forum.
    They have just asked me for the MAC addresses, and am I using an external drive. They also assure me that they are working on the problem.
    David

| Mon 5 Dec 2016 14:53:48 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

HumaxUKNW - 3 days ago  » 
    HOWEVER, once whilst watching something, the 4000 rebooted in a different way, and when it came back... the full schedule was there.... for a few hours then it disappeared again.
    At least I don't lose timer settings, if I did the box would be going back to Humax...... or the TIP.
    PS:
    A tip...
    I put a small blob of Blutack on the OK button, this allows me to press it in a darkened room !!

THIS WEDNESDAY MORNING....

The Full Schedule is back, all 71 timers !!

I did nothing, just powered up to set some new timers, and the schedule has been re-populated...

Fingers crossed it stays like that !

No idea if a software update occurred, it just happened....

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 7:45:08 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

HumaxUKNW - 29 minutes ago  » 

PS:
    A tip...

I did nothing, just powered up to set some new timers, and the schedule has been re-populated...

They will disappear again and reappear on a regular basis. Mine does it quite often.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 8:16:00 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

bampsam - 11 minutes ago  » 

HumaxUKNW - 29 minutes ago  » 

PS:
    A tip...

They will disappear again and reappear on a regular basis. Mine does it quite often.

MINE DOESN'T !!

After disappearing a while back, it briefly returned for a few hours ages ago.... never to be seen since....

Until this morning !

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 8:28:24 #37 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A new beta software version is currently being tested that might fix this problem, to early to tell - I have not witnessed issue on a public release candidate, to date, so cannot confirm.

If you are not already a member of the beta team then PM me if you want to try this release.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 9:51:13 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

We have been running 1.01.49 since its release with no problems. I did not do a factory reset following the update although the update was done from the update search in the system menu and I powered down (ie. unplugged!) to reboot the box following the update.

Until last night, we have not had any missing programs from the recordings schedule. Last night we did. The only thing that was different to our normal use of the box was that when it was turned on it was simultaneously recording three separate programs in standby (I don't recall whether they were off three separate mux or just one or two). Our normal use would mean at max only two separate programs would be recording in standby.

This morning, without any intervention by us, the recording schedule is complete again.

Has anyone else noticed this coincidence - ie. missing schedule items only with max number of standby recordings?

[As an aside 1.01.49 seems to have resolved the failure to start when recording in standby problem that we have suffered since getting the 4000T soon after launch (fingers crossed!).]

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 17:35:18 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Alex4000 - 5 hours ago  » 
    was that when it was turned on it was simultaneously recording three separate programs in standby.
    Has anyone else noticed this coincidence - ie. missing schedule items only with max number of standby recordings?

No. Every time it has occurred on my box, there was nothing being recorded when I took it out of standby. And it's definitely happened when nothing has been recorded during standby.

The only coincidence I have noticed is that the menu is slower than normal.

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 22:39:15 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.