My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The programme cannot etc error notice and no sound

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul Bton - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Ah interesting. I've got it in the av1 html/mhl socket on the Bravia. Is that in/out?

MHL is a variation designed for mobile kit. Try a standard HDMI port (switch one of the HDR-FOX-T2's with the 4000T. All HDMI ports are video in on a TV. When CEC is on a ARC socket will output audio to say a AV receiver (ARC - Audio return channel),

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 17:52:46 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If I remember correctly, MHL was designed to be used for connecting mobile phones and tablets to the TV, in order to view its screen on the TV, way before wifi screen mirroring was widely implemented. MHL protocols had all kinds of restrictions built in to stop people recording from the likes of YouTube and other internet streaming services.
    I will, again, hazard a guess that the message only appears when the 4000t and the device in the MHL port are both simultaneously powered up, in this state the TV will panic lol. With just the 4000t powered does the error occur? Or 4000t and the other (non MHL) device?

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 18:11:32 #12 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I switched off MHL part of dual function port in settings. No warning message so far. Will try switching ports later.

| Sat 16 Feb 2019 16:33:25 #13 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I changed port to a non MHL port and I still occasionally get the DRM warning (usually at start up) about HD. I am still getting HD.

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 13:58:08 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul Bton - 1 day ago  » 
    I changed port to a non MHL port and I still occasionally get the DRM warning (usually at start up) about HD. I am still getting HD.

I get that occasionally, if ignored it goes away after a few seconds.

I put it down to the double hdmi handshake due to the box being connected via a AV reciever.

Handshake 1

5000T to AV receiver. AV receiver confirms 1080p capability and ability to use the audio compression codec being used (AAC converted to AC3 for HD channels and is not a recording device.

Handshake 2

AV receiver to TV. TV confirms that it is a display and not a recorder and has the ability to handle H264/AVC at 1080p. Audio handshake isn't required because the AV receiver handles the audio and sends it to it's connected speakers.

If the TV handles the audio, it has to report back to the source the audio can also handled and also it's not a recorder.

The box does seem pretty slow in completing the required handshake, just ignore for a few seconds.

I have a lot of recordings, it's also slow in populating the recordings list. If you press the recordings list just after boot it says no recordings. Exit - leave it for 15 seconds or so and try again they all appear just fine. It just takes time for the box to copy the data.

Deletions also take much longer on a Linux device because unlike Windows when you delete a recording file the actual data is deleted. On a PC only the pointers in the the FAT (File allocation table) are deleted. (Hence the capability to undelete. recover from the trash bin)).

| Fri 15 Mar 2019 21:27:06 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.