My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The programme cannot etc error notice and no sound

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

biddy

Keep getting error message "the programme cannot be viewed via HDMIconnection because your TV does not support digital content protection --------------etc" yet it works for a while. Also, no sound for the last 24 hours along with the above error message

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 18:44:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

biddy - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Keep getting error message "the programme cannot be viewed via HDMIconnection because your TV does not support digital content protection --------------etc" yet it works for a while. Also, no sound for the last 24 hours along with the above error message

What software version is the Humax using and what make and model of TV?

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 19:33:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

That is probably working as designed.

I THINK that the Humax will not send a High Definition broadcast or recording via HDMI to any TV which allows what is showing on the screen to be recorded (eg by SCART).

The solution is to connect the Humax to the TV using the RCA output - ie the 3 x phono-like leads which connect to the TV composite (low quality) input.

I have not tested it, but you may find that using only SD recordings or broadcasts works ...

... as would replacing the TV with one which supports Digital Rights Management, DRM.

There appears to be some sort of "industry wide agreemnent" to apply DRM to HD broadcasts and recordings.

| Thu 10 Mar 2016 13:10:44 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I have been getting this DRM warning recently but I think I'm still getting HD playback and live TV on my Sony Bravia. It's ridiculous that DRM could stop me seeing something I have legitimately recorded in HD on my Humax 4000T and have to buy a new TV! Is there a fix for this or should I just ignore the message

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 13:40:03 #4 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I have been getting this DRM warning recently (2018/2019) but I think I'm still getting HD playback and live TV on my Sony Bravia. It's ridiculous that DRM could stop me seeing something I have legitimately recorded in HD on my Humax 4000T and have to buy a new TV! Is there a fix for this or should I just ignore the message

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 13:41:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Paul Bton - 10 minutes ago  » 
    It's ridiculous that DRM could stop me seeing something I have legitimately recorded in HD on my Humax 4000T

If I am correct above, then it is not in the slightest ridiculous if the Humax prevents you doing something which allows you to copy a protected recording.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 13:53:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you do have a recording device (VHS or DVD) connected to the TV scart socket, have you tried to disconnect it and test whether you still get the message? Or, if you are connecting Humax into recording device, then into TV, have you tried connecting directly to the TV?

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 13:58:40 #7 |
  8. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

My recording device IS my Humax 4000T. Nothing else attached except two Humax HDR fox T2's nothing connected on scart

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 14:04:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Paul Bton - 1 minute ago  » 
    My recording device IS my Humax 4000T. Nothing else attached except two Humax HDR fox T2's nothing connected on scart

Both of which are capable of recording.
    I will hazard a guess that one of them is connected to the hdmi-arc channel (which is in/out). Try disconnecting that particular device to see if it cures the error.

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 14:09:44 #9 |
  10. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Ah interesting. I've got it in the av1 html/mhl socket on the Bravia. Is that in/out?

| Thu 14 Feb 2019 17:38:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.