My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Transfer files between Aura and PC - manual saysOK

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 3 mins ago  » 
    @Mars
    Thanks for the detail. I think I'm nearly there, but getting the following error message:
    Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Error: Connection attempt interrupted by user
    Is it the Aura that's insecure, or my BT Smart Hub 2?

The Aura. Try switching the encryption in Filezilla to "Only use plain FTP (insecure)". I very much doubt that the lack of encryption presents a security risk when transferring over your own local network.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 15:30:45 #31 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Or just click OK when the message appears about insecure FTP.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 15:41:49 #32 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 
    Or just click OK when the message appears about insecure FTP.

Success! I can now see the recordings on the Aura.

So if I want to copy unencrypted recordings stored on my PC to the Aura, do I just drag and drop from the Local Site panel to the Remote Site Panel > Recordings?

Also, can I backup encrypted recordings on the Aura to my PC with the intention of moving them back to the Aura at a future date? I know these files will only play on the Aura.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 15:56:12 #33 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I've just copied an unencrypted .ts file from my PC to the Aura (into the Movies folder). But how do I 'see' and play this file on the Aura as, under Recordings, there are only the three options of By Channels, By Series and By Time?

I also note that Aura recordings appear in their own sub folder in each of those Recordings categories.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 17:29:13 #34 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

You need to install VLC Media Player on the Aura.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 18:14:07 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    Also, can I backup encrypted recordings on the Aura to my PC with the intention of moving them back to the Aura at a future date? I know these files will only play on the Aura.

Why would you want to backup encrypted recordings? Wouldn't it be safer to remove the encryption from the recordings you want to backup so that they would be playable on another box if the current one fails?

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 18:54:09 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 2 days ago  » 

I can see your problem. afaik you can't play HD files on another device, not even another Aura. For that reason I record everything that I may need to download in SD

Agreed. ASAIK HD recordings are locked to the device they were recorded on by DRM Digital Rights Management and cannot be played on any other device ... so, if your Aura fails you effectively lose every HD recording even though the disc is fine.

The Aura allows you to convert HD recordings to a lower resolution format and then download them which is not a perfect solution but much better than any of the earlier Humax boxes.

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 19:01:16 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

Geoff_W - 19 hours ago  » 
    I've just copied an unencrypted .ts file from my PC to the Aura (into the Movies folder). But how do I 'see' and play this file on the Aura as, under Recordings, there are only the three options of By Channels, By Series and By Time?
    I also note that Aura recordings appear in their own sub folder in each of those Recordings categories.

If you use File Explorer to access the Aura files, the recordings are shown without their sub-folders.
    Unlike Filezilla with File Explorer you can copy and paste to your heart's delight.
    If you have more than 1 recording in a series they will be in a sub-folder. Just click on the 'All' folder and recordings in all sub-folders will be shown.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:02:47 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

daveveal - 15 mins ago  » 

If you use File Explorer to access the Aura files, the recordings are shown without their sub-folders.
    Unlike Filezilla with File Explorer you can copy and paste to your heart's delight.

A link to the app would help, just searching for "file explorer" brings up too many results. Or are you saying that there is already a suitable app installed on the Aura?

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:19:53 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

SSThing - 10 mins ago  » 

daveveal - 15 mins ago  » 

A link to the app would help, just searching for "file explorer" brings up too many results. Or are you saying that there is already a suitable app installed on the Aura?

File Explorer is part of Windows 10, and you can use it to access the Aura's files providing your PC is on the same network.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:35:36 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.