My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Transfer files between Aura and PC - manual saysOK

(72 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 11 hours ago  » 
    Update - I've finally discovered what was preventing the FTP clients from working. On the Aura, in Record and Share, I had to switch on Allow Anonymous.

Can you now connect to the Aura via the TP-Link WiFi extender?

When I posted yesterday I was connected via the Extender. I managed to download a 3.5Gb .ts file but when I started another download FileZilla lost connection part way through. I've not been able to establish any connection since. It's very frustrating as I don't know what the issue is. The FTP clients are reporting that the Aura is actively refusing the connection. Nothing has changed in the settings on the Aura, so it's a mystery.

| Sat 11 Dec 2021 11:33:07 #71 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Final posting - problem solved; it was the TP-Link Extender all along.

When the Extender is first set up it creates its own device name as <BT Router Name>_EXT. Thus if my BT router name is BT-ABCD4, then the Extender names itself BT-ABCD4_EXT. This latter name is seen as a separate network, but most devices switch seamlessly from one to the other depending on the signal strength. However, with my laptop connected to BT-ABCD4 and the Aura connected to BT-ABCD4_EXT, the FTP clients (FileZilla and WinSCP) were having none of it and refused to connect. I suspect that on the rare occasions when I got a connection, my laptop had connected to BT-ABCD_EXT.

With a certain amount of Googling I found that the Extender's name could be changed to that of the BT router (the signals just overlap around the house). Once I had amended the IP addresses everything worked properly and I have now been able to transfer all my laptop video files to the Aura.

My Marantz NR-1506 AV Receiver refuses to connect to Wi-Fi at all (previously connected to the Router), but that's no loss as it's only used for updates.

| Tue 14 Dec 2021 15:30:16 #72 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.