My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

transfer recordings from a FVP5000T to an HDR2000

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 46 mins ago  » 
    For some reason, I have lost all volume from the 2000

Have you checked that the volume on the Humax HDR-2000T remote is set at maximum? How is it connected to the TV (HDMI or SCART)?

, but I went ahead & set the 5000 network server up.

Good.

On the 2000, there was no mention of network. I had removed the dongle then inserted it again previously. Maybe I have to set it up every it is inserted?
    Anyway, when I touched the 2000 I got an electric shock! Didn't get a shock the second time that I touched it though.

What part of the Humax did you touch to get a shock? Have a look under WiFi settings with the dongle plugged in. Try using BBC iPlayer if that works then the Humax is connected to the Internet.

On the Samsung TV (that is connected to the 2000) however, it shows the 5000 & I was able to play a program that I recorded last night.

Good does that mean there is no need to go via the HDR-2000T?

| Thu 14 May 2020 15:41:07 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Fixed the volume. Checked it out in another room with different leads, & it worked!
    It was the HDMI lead faulty.
    It was the top rh side of the 2000 that I got the shock. Probably only 12v. Never happened before.

It's recording a program for my wife now, so I will have a go later.
    There is always the Samsung tv route, if the dongle is unsuccessful. the Humax controller is much easier to use though.
    Thanks for your help.

| Thu 14 May 2020 16:40:04 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

inspector - 1 hour ago  » 
    It was the top rh side of the 2000 that I got the shock. Probably only 12v. Never happened before.

You shouldn't have got a shock from the Humax at all! It couldn't have been more than 12V unless your plug transformer is faulty. Even then that would have fried your Humax. Two possibilities come to mind. 1) Static electricity. You managed to charge yourself up somehow and discharged when you touched the box; or 2) I've had a minor shock off USB connectors before. Don't know how, but it has happened.

| Thu 14 May 2020 17:56:35 #43 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Static discharge is my guess if it has not happened again. A fault condition would be 'repeatable'

| Thu 14 May 2020 19:38:35 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I think you are correct about the static on my clothing.

I thought that I had my wi-fi problem sorted when I got a list of my recorded 5000 programs on the 2000. Unfortunately, they wouldn't play. Very halting, no continuous sound, then frozen for a few minutes. Couldn't do anything.
    Should I send the dongle back?

| Fri 15 May 2020 13:48:39 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 34 mins ago  » 
    I thought that I had my wi-fi problem sorted when I got a list of my recorded 5000 programs on the 2000. Unfortunately, they wouldn't play. Very halting, no continuous sound, then frozen for a few minutes.

How strong is the WiFi signal at the HDR-2000T? Have you tried plugging the dongle into the other USB port (one front undera aflap, one rear)?

| Fri 15 May 2020 14:24:51 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

It will be a very strong wifi signal. Only about 10m from the router.
    The HDR2000 only has one USB port, at the front rhside.

| Fri 15 May 2020 15:26:47 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 1 hour ago  » 
    It will be a very strong wifi signal. Only about 10m from the router.
    The HDR2000 only has one USB port, at the front rhside.

I thought the HDR-2000T had two USB ports (which is what the manual shows); the rear one below the Ethernet socket. Unfortunately our HDR-2000T is eighty miles away so I can't check until after lockdown. The only other thing that might help is using a short USB cable with a male connector at one end and female at the other so that you try changing the orientation of the dongle.

| Fri 15 May 2020 17:15:40 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

All the years that I have owned HDR2000T's and I never knew that there was another USB port!
    Anyway, tried the dongle in that second USB port & it was very halting.
    Tried a USB cable, & that seemed better, but it still kept stopping.
    Maybe if I constructed some kind of wooden structure to hold it in a semi permanent position on top of the 2000? What would you suggest, pointing to the router location?

| Fri 15 May 2020 19:38:16 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Cracked it!
    Short USB lead, wooden cradle on top of a mini camera tripod, on top of the 2000, pointing down towards the router location.
    Have to initially switch the 5000 on so that the other machine recognises it, then it can be switched off.

Thanks for all your help.

| Sat 16 May 2020 8:54:09 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.