My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

transfer recordings from a FVP5000T to an HDR2000

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 1 hour ago  » 
    Cracked it!
    Short USB lead, wooden cradle on top of a mini camera tripod, on top of the 2000, pointing down towards the router location.
    Have to initially switch the 5000 on so that the other machine recognises it, then it can be switched off.

Excellent, well done. Slightly surprised you need to switch on the FVP; at the time you tested was it within the range of start and end time for the server to be active?

| Sat 16 May 2020 10:52:44 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Yes, it was 2 hrs before. Forgot about that.
    Now I will have to make it more presentable.
    Thanks.

| Sun 17 May 2020 14:56:50 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Spoke too soon! Works for a few minutes then picture & sound spasmodic every so often. Can't seem to find best direction to point the dongle.

| Mon 18 May 2020 10:07:11 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Given up with the dongle. Sent it back. It would work for a few minutes, then the sound would go, & the video was jerky. It would recover, then fail a few minutes later, & this got more frequent.
    I watch the 5000 through the Samsung TV now. Much prefer to use the Humax controller, but we can't have everything.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 11:18:51 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 4 hours ago  » 
    Given up with the dongle. Sent it back. It would work for a few minutes, then the sound would go, & the video was jerky. It would recover, then fail a few minutes later, & this got more frequent.
    I watch the 5000 through the Samsung TV now. Much prefer to use the Humax controller, but we can't have everything.

Have you considered Powerline adapters eg https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5742734 ? Very easy to use; plug one in near the router and connect to router with the network cable provided; plug the other in near the Humax and connect the cable to the network port on the Humax. Job done.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 15:49:58 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I have given up with the dongle. Instead, I am using the Samsung TV in the other room to receive the Humax recordings. Yesterday, however, I paused a playback to make a cuppa. When I returned, the TV was on a freeview channel, and the FVP5000 icon had disappeared from "source". The TV & the Humax are both connected to wifi, as I can get Youtube on both of them.
    The "Live TV" app on my phone says the Humax is on standby, & the "Power on or delete a registered device" is faded (greyed out) & doesn't work. This is with the Humax off, of course. I thought that it worked when I was away from home?
    Any idea what will restore the FVP5000 icon to the Samsung TV?

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 9:31:49 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 55 mins ago  » 
    Any idea what will restore the FVP5000 icon to the Samsung TV?

Have you checked the server status (under server management in advanced settings) on the FVP?

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 10:30:13 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Yes, that is set at 10am to 23.30, Network server ON.

It was working OK until I paused it to make a cup of tea. A few minutes later, I heard the tv. (in pause, there is no sound)

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 10:44:56 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 13 hours ago  » 
    Yes, that is set at 10am to 23.30, Network server ON.

But what does it say under Status?

It was working OK until I paused it to make a cup of tea. A few minutes later, I heard the tv. (in pause, there is no sound)

Have you tried the age old fix of putting the FVP into standby and when the disk stops spinning, turning off the power for 10 seconds and then seeing if the problem is fixed when you power it up?

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 0:13:28 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Server Status says "running"
    Unplugging then restarting did not work. Should I have had it running first?

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 8:22:46 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.