Hello, how do you transfer recordings from your Aura HDD to an external HDD

Thanks

| Sun 12 Dec 2021 1:52:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Kyle_Jones - 11 hours ago  » 

I have to confess I am still a relative novice, learning my way around the Aura. Assuming you want the recordings decrypted to play on other devices then using FTP to a PC with the external HDD attached to the PC and the FTP download directory set to somewhere on the external hard drive would be one way to do it. You need to turn on the FTP server in the Aura settings (there are notes in the settings to give you the necessary parameters) and you need FTP client software, I would suggest Filezilla. Just setup a new site in Filezilla using the Site Manager (first icon on the left of the row of icons), enter the parameters from the Aura and set encryption to "Only use plain FTP (insecure)".

| Sun 12 Dec 2021 13:38:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

Kyle_Jones - 12 hours ago  » 
    Thanks

Have copied an HD 1 GB file using Win 11 (BBC program), took about 10 minutes from Aura to Laptop via Wi-Fi and played back on VLC in HD.
    Have not able to see external HD connected to the Aura with FileZilla or PC, yet the bedroom FVP-5000 external connected HD can be seen and files moved.

| Sun 12 Dec 2021 14:30:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kyle_Jones

Hello,

thanks for the advice,
    sorry I was not more clear in my question, what I meant to ask was is it possible to copy recordings from the aura to an external hardrive to clear up space on the Aura, I don't need to decrypt the files.

Thanks

| Tue 14 Dec 2021 16:06:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.