My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transferring recordings

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

I have no intention of getting Win10 in the near future, but I want to know how capable the FVP is and is there a chance that future Firmware changes may resolve the issue.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:28:46 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Luddym - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Esme, I know this might not help, but do you have an android product at all? I find the easiest way is to use the Human media player app.

Will that allow me to save the file to a hard disk drive & play it on my PC ?

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:29:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Bitterman - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I have no intention of getting Win10 in the near future, but I want to know how capable the FVP is and is there a chance that future Firmware changes may resolve the issue.

Well if they didn't automatically encrypt SD programmes there wouldn't be an issue transferring files over the network, so I'd say software could fix that problem, whether they will fix that problem is another question

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:35:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Funnily enough - still on the subject of Windows 10 upgrade (yes I know not the topic) Samsung are actively advising owners not to upgrade their computers to W10 due to compatibility issues. Dell have been advising customers for some of their models likewise.

That really is buck passing by the manufacturers if you ask me and I believe MS are less than impressed as they have been trying to resolve these issues with Samsung for almost a year. Appears Samsung don't want to spend the sums of money which would be involved to put things right for existing owners.

I haven't heard of anyone have any issues with the AU and SSD though as I have two computers with W10 and SSD and both updated without any problems whatsoever?

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:40:31 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

esme - 5 minutes ago  » 

Luddym - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Esme, I know this might not help, but do you have an android product at all? I find the easiest way is to use the Human media player app.

Will that allow me to save the file to a hard disk drive & play it on my PC ?

If you use the app on an android device to download the programme you want, then transfer the downloaded file to your computer, it works for me.

I just doubled checked it using an American dad. Strangely, the .ts file didn't work properly on my Ubuntu machine using vlc, but on my windows 7 laptop, it plays absolutely fine.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 13:48:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Luddym - 10 minutes ago  » 
    If you use the app on an android device to download the programme you want, then transfer the downloaded file to your computer, it works for me.
    I just doubled checked it using an American dad. Strangely, the .ts file didn't work properly on my Ubuntu machine using vlc, but on my windows 7 laptop, it plays absolutely fine.

Thanks for the experiment, that's another option then

Shame I have several PC's with different flavours of l*nux & windows but the only solutions seem to be to get something else

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:03:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 18 minutes ago  » ...I haven't heard of anyone have any issues with the AU and SSD though as I have two computers with W10 and SSD and both updated without any problems whatsoever?

If you got away from pontificating on this forum on the world according to Faust and instead read some of the websites devoted to software issues related to Win10 then you might learn something.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/16/windows_10_anniversary_update_ssd_freeze/

You appear to base your entire opinions on your own narrow experience, which inevitably does not stand up to scrutiny.

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:04:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Guys can we not start a flame war over win10 please

It works fine for some people, it doesn't work fine for others, can we accept that and move on ?

The problem is there's an issue with the 4000 transferring unencrypted files to the equipment we actually have, that's what needs solving

I'm sorry I mentioned windows 10 now, feel free to pretend I didn't if that gets us back on track

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:18:04 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Bitterman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Back on topic (quickly as I loathe M$), I am also struggling to transfer recordings. In the past I had only copied short programmes of 30-mins to 1hr using the FVP's copy function (which is unacceptably slow).
    Now I want to transfer longer programmes and I cannot get past around 1hr 15mins
    I have tried FAT32 and NTFS with a 32GB SD and an 8GB class 10 SD but no luck, a programme is produced (approx 1.2GB) which I can play but it is cut short time wise.
    I also tried a mains powered USB Hard drive which has FAT32, XFAT and NTFS partitions and the FVP would not see any of them, even though my ageing PS3 and Samsung TV will.
    Does Win 10 allow a long programme to be transferred and if so how long does it take?

As I still have the loaner I just managed a transfer of a programme over 3 hours long, doesn't seem to have lost anything, the beginning & ending are there so I guess the rest of it is too

If you play the recorded programme on the TV does it still miss the end off ?

could it be you chopped the end off while recording ?

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:28:42 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 18 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 18 minutes ago  » ...I haven't heard of anyone have any issues with the AU and SSD though as I have two computers with W10 and SSD and both updated without any problems whatsoever?

If you got away from pontificating on this forum on the world according to Faust and instead read some of the websites devoted to software issues related to Win10 then you might learn something.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/16/windows_10_anniversary_update_ssd_freeze/
    You appear to base your entire opinions on your own narrow experience, which inevitably does not stand up to scrutiny.

Pollensa are you always so rude when talking to people face to face or just on the web because you feel empowered to do so. I genuinely haven't come across anyone who has had any issues and that includes on some of the Windows forums not just myself.

There is this of the MS website - “Microsoft has received a small number of reports of Windows 10 freezing after installing the Anniversary Update on systems with the operating system stored on a solid-state drive (SSD) and apps and data stored on a separate drive,” a Microsoft support statement notes. “This issue does not occur when starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode.”

| Fri 19 Aug 2016 14:29:56 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.