My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transferring recordings

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Bitterman - 6 minutes ago  » 

Luddym - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just a quick note: Copying recordings using the Humax Media app on android is extremely painless and quite speedy.
    It took 14 minutes to copy the 3-10 to Yuma film, which came in at 2.7gb and the encoding has been stripped. Is that much quicker than copying to USB?

Thanks for the info but unfortunately I have an Amazon Fire HD, the Humax apps aren't available for it.
    I had one last go, powered the FVP off completely started up and tried again. Around 2 hours later (as esme stated approx same runtime as the film) the copy finished. Going to the Media player part of the FVP and selecting the Copy it played but showed a run time of 5hrs 5mins when it was only just over 2 hours. None of the search functions would work on it.
    Trying it on the PC with VLC and the whole recording is actually there but the time bar is completely screwy.

I think that if you run the recording through a video converter, that should clean up the time bar issue. I've not had that specific issue on the Humax yet though, so can't guarantee that would fix it - but that has fixed similar issues with video before.

I know it's probably a lot of effort to go to just to transfer videos, but: it is possible to run an android OS on a current PC, by installing the "VirtualBox" software and then android OS within that. This doesn't affect your current Operating system.

Sorry if you already knew that.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 20:02:56 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

Bitterman - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Esme, I will try again.
    Just to be clear did you simply select Copy when on the programme in the recordings section on the FVP with a USB inserted to perform the transfer?

Hi, yes

I inserted a USB stick, 16Gb, fat32 format, newly formatted in the side port but I'm fairly sure it would work in either
    I cancelled the pop up to scan it for files with the "X"
    I looked at the recordings, found one I wanted, hit "+" and selected copy
    The FVP popped up the USB icon I hit OK and it started copying
    Some considerable time later it finished so I ejected the USB from the media menu & loaded it on the PC

The FVP is on the latest downloadable release of firmware if that's a help

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 21:43:41 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I think either my FVP is dodgy or the Firmware.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 13:46:02 #43 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.