My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transferring recordings FVP-4000-T to FVP-500-T

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fvp-4000-t - 33 mins ago  » 
    Tried downloading to stick the other day and lost 19 programs in the process!!

Please could you explain exactly how you lost the programmes?

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 11:01:47 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

Well done look forward to seeing it. When you say it can decrypt all encrypted recordings, does that include HD content?

Yes, it will handle encrypted HD programs - just done one now.

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 13:41:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

highlysceptical - 5 hours ago  » 
    Yes, it will handle encrypted HD programs - just done one now.

Impressive; will the ability to decrypt HD recordings work on all models of Humax PVRs? When do you expect to release the software?

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 19:37:45 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

I have been fiddling about with it for ages, but I have decided to take the plunge and release it. You can find it at admin edit: link removed

As I only have access to a PVR1800, I cannot tell you which models it will work on, but since it uses the DLNA function, I cannot see why it would not work on any Humax that has the function. But try it. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work for your machine.

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 23:08:00 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

There may well be teething problems with the program, so please share them here, or use the email address on the site, and I will try to sort them out as quickly as I can. But please bear with me, as this is just a hobby project!

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 23:54:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

highlysceptical - 54 mins ago  » 
    As I only have access to a PVR1800, I cannot tell you which models it will work on, but since it uses the DLNA function, I cannot see why it would not work on any Humax that has the function.

If you are allowing HD content to be decrypted by changing a bit in the hmt file then it won't work on any more recent Humax model as the files are, I think, encrypted.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 0:08:26 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

The decryption in my program works by changing the bit in the hmt file, so you may we’ll be correct.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 0:32:29 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

highlysceptical - 9 hours ago  » 
    The decryption in my program works by changing the bit in the hmt file, so you may we’ll be correct.

I think a brief read of the Forum will show you there is currently no known way of decoding HD recordings on the second generation Freesat boxes and the FVP-4000T/5000T; the Aura will allow HD recordings to be decoded but transcodes the quality down to SD.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 9:54:13 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

That is useful to know. I don't claim to be an expert in these matters. I just set out to develop a convenient way to get files off my Humax onto another disk. And the decryption function works fine on my machine, so I guess it will work fine for lots of other people as well.

I am assuming my program will still copy unencrypted files from newer models, but that the decryption function will only work for older ones.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 18:19:14 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

highlysceptical - 18 mins ago  » 
    And the decryption function works fine on my machine, so I guess it will work fine for lots of other people as well.

It will work for owners of the HDR-2000T and HDR-1800T and probably the HDR-FOX T2.

I am assuming my program will still copy unencrypted files from newer models, but that the decryption function will only work for older ones.

Again you seem to be a bit confused; ALL content (SD & HD) is encrypted. On most models (but not all) the SD recordings are unencrypted when exported to a USB memory stick or viewed via the DLNA server. On many Humax models the playing of HD recordings via DLNA is protected by the DTCP-IP (Digital Transmission Content Protection see http://www.dtcp.com/faq.aspx) and it is this protocol that makes decryption challenging. On the HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-1800T/2000T a single bit in the .hmt file controls whether the file can be decrypted. See this post from RAYDON in 2011 about his FOXY utility to get a better understanding of what is happening https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/

All that said, I am sure your utility will be very useful to owners of the appropriate Humax models.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 18:56:58 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.