My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Transferring recordings FVP-4000-T to FVP-500-T

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fvp-4000-t

My 5 year old 4000 has been playing up for a while now, and despite regular factory resets is still misbehaving.
    So I’m buying a 5000 from currys and was looking for an easy way to transfer recordings box to box.
    Any ideas please.

| Fri 23 Jul 2021 20:14:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fvp-4000-t - 19 hours ago  » 
    My 5 year old 4000 has been playing up for a while now, and despite regular factory resets is still misbehaving.
    So I’m buying a 5000 from currys and was looking for an easy way to transfer recordings box to box.

SD or HD? SD is doable but HD is tricky. You can't copy the recordings from one hard drive to the other as they are encrypted with a key unique to each box.

| Sat 24 Jul 2021 16:13:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fvp-4000-t

Thank you for that.
    All recordings are in SD

| Sat 24 Jul 2021 16:47:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fvp-4000-t - 23 hours ago  » 
    All recordings are in SD

There are two ways of removing the encryption from SD recordings: either copy to attached USB storage see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-archive-recordings-to-usb-hdd or if you have a Windows 10 PC then download them from the DLNA server (Network server in Humax terminology) see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer. The second method is a bit fiddly to get working at first but transfer rate is far higher once working; I can provide more detailed instructions for the second method if you are struggling. If you don't have a Windows 10 PC then you can use a variation of the second method using some other software to capture the DLNA stream; VLC media player is a good candidate.

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 15:57:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fvp-4000-t

Many thanks Martin.
    I do have VLC on W10 pc but I’ll try your first idea and see how it goes.
    All the best.
    Rob.

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 18:08:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fvp-4000-t - 2 hours ago  » 
    I do have VLC on W10 pc but I’ll try your first idea and see how it goes.

If you have a Windows 10 PC then it is easier to do the transfer with the built in Windows 10 functionality (I think it was actually introduced at Windows 8 ) than with VLC. The first method of copying to USB storage works OK but is very slow.

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 20:17:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

highlysceptical

I have written a Windows utility which simplifies the process. The graphical interface is fairly intuitive (to me, at least!) and it also offers the option of decrypting all the encrypted recordings on the device.

I am just about to make it publicly available. I offer no warranties of any kind, but it works for me, and it is free to try.

I only have a PVR 1800 so I have only been able to test it on this. But I can’t see why it wouldn’t work on any Humax with a built-in media server.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 23:57:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

highlysceptical - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have written a Windows utility which simplifies the process. The graphical interface is fairly intuitive (to me, at least!) and it also offers the option of decrypting all the encrypted recordings on the device.

Well done look forward to seeing it. When you say it can decrypt all encrypted recordings, does that include HD content?

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 9:50:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

fvp-4000-t

That sounds promising, let us know how to see it please.
    Tried downloading to stick the other day and lost 19 programs in the process!!

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 10:26:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

fvp-4000-t - 1 min ago  » 
    That sounds promising, let us know how to see it please.
    Tried downloading to stick the other day and lost 19 programs in the process!!

You must have done something wrong.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 10:28:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.