My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Transmitter Maintenance - regarding picture loss

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Click the link below to find out if your transmitter is having maintenance to rectify the temporary loss of picture on channels broadcast over one multiplex.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/planned-engineering-works

Never a Humax issue, so why did they issue e-mails regarding their 'team' working on a fix and a possible
    over the air update. Very suspicious seeing as they have ignored taking any steps to updating the firmware/ software to address the many faults the Aura has had since the last update 2.5 years ago.

Already people have informed these pages the issue has stopped for them.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 2:54:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Because It would seem Humax have philosophy whereby any issue they go to a note pad labled Blag and copy paste from a list the we working on a firmware fix which is imminent.

While I dont have as many issues as others on this box2 having had box1 replaced 9mth old due to faulty tuner fluctuations in signal quality I do think humax treat it as that puppy they purchased at christnas in that they lost interest in its up keep.

I own a firestick and just recently subscribed to Virgin True FTTP with a Virgin stream box (Freeview via broadband) it offers more HD chs then deliverd via roof twig so I can see me using Aura even less. In fact when the new freeview delived by internet app FREELY rolls out April -June and beyond its launch tatic of just been embedded into certain branded new 2024 TVs they did say they plan a stream box in the future but no news on an App but I can see alot more using their Aura less too. I can see me just employing mine for the ability to record and use the DNLA feature to view recordings in other rooms though more and more programming is available on demand so recording is becoming rare these days. Streaming live TV while basking in the garden this summer (if we have one) kept this box usefull but now I can use Virgin Go streaming app which will no doubt have less failure and better image then Aura as no more dredded muffled audio when selecting 5mb transcoding, Oh and it houses my nawty IPTV app so it still pays it way.

Just a shame almost every time I press a button on remote either my fake log burner stove sets itself away unless turned off or my led strip lights change to a random colour unless I tape its sensor eye up opting to use strip lights bluetooth app for operation.

I love it really.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 7:27:21 #2 |
  3. prking

prking

Just to clarify, the list you've linked to shows the effect that viewers might see during the engineering work, rather than what the engineering work is designed to cure.

It's showing a standard text for low power (flickering and pixelation) and when the transmitter is turned off for short periods when switching to a backup (a black screen)

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 8:11:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Transmitter is Sutton Coldfield for my location Birmingham. There's been no maintenance. Ex TV Engineer for 30 years. at first I thought was my antenna .. but signal and signal quality is 100% .. It was just strange how the Aura didn't switch on normal last week. First Humax name came on, then it turned off. Then Android logo came up and then after a while the glitch started. Only happening on the Aura so thought it was a fault. Will give it a test later for a few hours and update. Aura got a few bugs that need addressing. Lost faith in Humax. I won't be buying from them again. Will buy the T4.R from Manhattan.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 11:19:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Knightore - 17 mins ago  » 
    Ex TV Engineer for 30 years. at first I thought was my antenna .. but signal and signal quality is 100% ..

Probably not related to your problem but a signal strength of a 100% may be too high and cause tuner saturation and poor picture quality. My advice is to aim for a signal strength of 85%.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 11:40:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

My Signal strength been 100% for the last 20 years and it's been fine until the Aura gave all a problem. Picture quality is very good on all TV's and recorders. Thank you for your advice, but I will stick to what I know .. I would have used an attenuator if signal was too strong!

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 11:53:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Looks like the intermittent blank screen glitch cleared up on my Aura.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 12:50:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

Mine has stopped and I’m also Sutton Coldfield.

It’s not on the current list but I didn’t look last week and the current list of maintenance only shows transmitters with a work starting date of 12/2/24, I bet it was listed last week when I was getting the problem.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 14:03:48 #8 |
  9. Rodders53

Rodders53

Those planned transmitter works will be completely unrelated to the Aura issue with the D3&4 multiplex 1min 57 second blanking issue (that affected no other makes or models of DTT receivers as far as anyone can tell).

It will be the usual routine maintenance that happens throughout the year.

Any fix will have been within the 'before gets sent to the transmitter' areas. (Playout or Code and Mux).

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 15:13:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

Knightore - 17 mins ago  » 
    Ex TV Engineer for 30 years. at first I thought was my antenna .. but signal and signal quality is 100% ..

Probably not related to your problem but a signal strength of a 100% may be too high and cause tuner saturation and poor picture quality. My advice is to aim for a signal strength of 85%.

Just thought id add my bit to the 100% Aura signal reading. My signal is medium to low I know this because prior to the 2012 digital switch turning off analogue and ramping up of power from transmitter I could not get terrestrial signal due to living mid way down a vally. The ramping up of power on Pontop Pike approx 2012 saw my dignal go to medium enough to pull in digital chs. Then 2016 a 4g mast was put in line with my house and pontop pike then the 800mhz clearence ch reshuffle saw my chs beak up with dreaded 4g interference. A firm funded by mobile companies to fix peoples issues visited my house with high tech signal reader and Confirmed my medium signal and the 4g was mashing my signal quality up not so much strength. After fitting a Filter which stopped break ups he advised to amp the signal which I Did and even after several ch reshuffles in the latest 700Mhz clearence to folg off to mobiles all was fine till Dec.

A new bigger thicker girthed 5g mast was effrected yards away from the old 4g and all my chs were mashed for a week till the kind people at the 5g help firm deliverd a new 700mhz filter which solved the issue again.

Heres my point I know im fringe to low reception but medium when mast head amp fitted , readings amped show my my Huwandi youview pvr reports 64% strengh both my LG TVs report 74% my sony TV 80% ish but the sony Tv has an embedded amp optional on/off inbuilt so I distrust it reading even more but my Aura declared 100% strength. Granted the Aura tuner could be more sensative then other brands tuners but I find it difficult to accept a signal tested on an expensive engineers gadget designed to pick up 4G 5G interference spikes reported a signal strength mid 40% unamped but mid 60% after amping how on earth does the Aura show as 100% amped 74% unamped. The Aura is guilty of over stating signal strength or at least mine does, infact I firmly believe if another Aura was fitted it would declare a completely different set of stats such is the nature of the beast.

Anyway Pontop pike here N East Eng and NI sign of this pescky blanking out..touch wood :0)

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 19:30:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.