My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Trouble getting box out of standby

(24 posts)
  1. G3SDW

G3SDW

Just an update as today i had an email as king for lots of info which i had top supply on two forms, most of the info had been supplied before.

I think if only this had been explained to me when i was told by Support in the first place then things could have gone a lot quicker than they have.

This i fell is a very poor and slow way to implement a warranty system by a hopefully professional company in 2016.

Had to wait 4 days to get this email and now await another, maybe another 4 days to maybe ask some more questions, i sincerely hope not.

Is all of this normal with Humax?

Regards
    Ken UNderwood

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 16:48:16 #11 |
  2. G3SDW

G3SDW

Had a text yesterday (Sunday) to say they are out of stock of my box but are expecting some more shortly.

My reply was that they let me know what day it will be delivered so i can be in.

We will see.

Regards
    Ken Underwood

| Mon 14 Mar 2016 10:53:28 #12 |
  3. G3SDW

G3SDW

Had an email from Mark at support late yesterday telling me that my box will be exchanged next Tuesday.

Credit were credit is due they kept there word and in my book that is good.

Regards

Ken Underwood

| Fri 18 Mar 2016 14:18:22 #13 |
  4. G3SDW

G3SDW

Well it was all worth waiting for, the replacement box arrived on Tuesday as promised via DPD who`s service is the best i have ever had, online tracking and not just out for delivery, no actual real time tracking so you can see were the van is and with one hour slot so no waiting around.

Most of all so far the box is 100% and lets hope it stays that way.

Thank you Humax and also thanks for all the comments i have received here on the forum

Kind regards

Ken Underwood

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 15:12:48 #14 |
  5. G3SDW

G3SDW

Well had the box for just over one week now and for thew first couple of days it worked fine.
    Did not use it for about four days and yesterday i tried to get it out of standby and it just would not budge.

Done a master reset and then all worked fine until today and it would not come out of standby again. Turned it off at the rear mains switch waited for a while and it came back in standby and used the remote to bring it out and it did but all it done was to say in the display was "Hello" and nothing else with nothing on the screen either.

Is this model a problem one or am i just unlucky?

Regards

Ken Underwood

| Thu 31 Mar 2016 14:59:07 #15 |
  6. G3SDW

G3SDW

After powering down the box again then yes can now bring it back out of standby, still no output and in the display i have a very small "FULL".
    It seems to me that although this box is supposed to be "Refurbished" then i feel that they are not fully checked out over a period of time, do they who ever they are just assume that "well it works now so thats alright" surely not?

Regards
    Ken Underwood

| Fri 1 Apr 2016 9:08:20 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The DTR T1000 has been problematic for many, although mine appeared to work ok until I ditched youview altogether.

I would reject it again and see if you can convince them to upgrade replacement to a newer model.

| Fri 1 Apr 2016 10:36:20 #17 |
  8. G3SDW

G3SDW

Thanks Barry, i have today emailed support to reject this one and asked your question regarding the upgrade.

Think now i have lost all confidence in this model, to me i can now see why they have stocks to be refurbished, the failure rate must be very high.

I do not know what time they are given to refurbish them but it seems to me that there is a tendency to rush them through, this fault need a little more time spending on it.

So far i have not said to anyone who i am and what i have done all of my life, well now retired i have for the last 50+ years been in Audio/Visual repair and service, 30 of which running my own small workshop repairing and refurbishing all sorts of Audio/Visual equipment and from my experience of my episode here then i am not impressed with what i have seen.

The last thing i want to do is to tell others what they should be doing but think it is time i did.

Regards

Ken Underwood

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 14:39:29 #18 |
  9. G3SDW

G3SDW

Hi Barry and all, i had a reply and they have offered me an upgrade to a DTR-T1010 500GB

Any comments

Regards
    Ken Underwood

| Wed 6 Apr 2016 14:24:52 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

G3SDW - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Barry and all, i had a reply and they have offered me an upgrade to a DTR-T1010 500GB

Push for a DTR-T2000 with you making a small financial contribution.

| Wed 6 Apr 2016 15:54:20 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.