My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Trouble getting box out of standby

(24 posts)
  1. G3SDW

G3SDW

Hi Martin, too late i am afraid, already given them the go ahead, thanks for the reply anyway.
    Regards
    Ken Underwood

| Wed 6 Apr 2016 16:04:55 #21 |
  2. G3SDW

G3SDW

New box coming tomorrow so fingers crossed that this one will be OK.
    I see from doing some research that these boxes are refurbished by Servicecare in Manchester, is that correct? They seem to have cornered the market with all the major and some smaller manufacturers for refurb` and A grade equipment, i wonder how much time is aloud on each item, this maybe were some of this falls down

Regards
    Ken Underwood

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 14:59:51 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesSvr6

Ken,

Please keep us posted on the outcome of your 'new' DTR T1010 box. I have this Humax box and have the exact same issues as you describe above with your refurbished DTR T1000 box.

My issues seem to have coincided with software updates but unfortunately my box first developed the issues shortly after the 12 month warranty expired. It seems like the refurbishment service for the boxes is poor with no tests done for longevity and it's hit and miss how long your Humax box will last (hence why they only offer a 12 month warranty with no option to extend)

So far I am very disappointed with the quality/longevity of the refurbished Humax box. I am in contact with them via e-mail and hope that they are able to offer a solution as these repeat issue will not be good for the Humax brand.

| Fri 16 Sep 2016 14:09:49 #23 |
  4. G3SDW

G3SDW

Hi James well so far and fingers crossed my new box has been very good indeed.

I must agree 100% with your comments about there refurbishment service, as you may well be aware i had a couple of boxes all with the same problem, before they offered me an upgrade as we were going no where, same problem in the same way as the previous one.

That model needs to be soak tested as the problem only appears once it has been used one or twice.

They only need to find it out from just one box and then they will find what to do with the rest of there stock instead of just firing them up and then boxing them up to send out to whoever only to find that it comes right back, all seems rather poor for such a good name as Humax.

It is quite easy to do as some years ago i ran a small two man Audio Visual business doing lots of refurbishing and if i kept sending suspect equipment out this way then i would have gone down the tubes, if i could do then Humax should not have a problem doing it either.

Regards

Ken Underwood

| Fri 16 Sep 2016 14:26:12 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.