My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Trying to operate a 5000T

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

I recently acquired a 5000T and today, I attempted to record a programme. Although the unit switches on (blue light showing) I cannot get any of the other buttons on the controller to operate.

I have tried guide and the Freeview button - nothing happens.

I have checked all the cable connections. The TV plays through the Humax with no problems. Nothing else seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jenna

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 15:51:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

press the left hand button at the top with the same symbol as the right hand one. It should flash red once indicating the remote now controls the box. The button marked AV lets you switch to control other kit like your TV. With your TV set the HDMI input you have connected the 5000T to press the top right hand button.

You will likely have to tune the box to your local transmitter. So start with a reset to factory defaults. The default pin is 0000 . If the box is new it should start setup automatically. If not a previous owner may have changed the pin code.

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 16:03:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

Thank you. I will try this and hopefully it will work.

Jenna

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 16:28:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

I tried this. The left hand button flashed red as did the one on the right hand side. The TV simply showed the programme - none of the screens that should come up from the Humax did so.

I did manage the set up process when I first got the box, thanks to help from this site, but until today, there was nothing to record.

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 16:44:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jenna - 52 mins ago  » 
    I tried this. The left hand button flashed red as did the one on the right hand side. The TV simply showed the programme - none of the screens that should come up from the Humax did so.
    I did manage the set up process when I first got the box, thanks to help from this site, but until today, there was nothing to record.

What happens when you press the button with the red F and the button marked guide under it.

What is the model of the remote written under Humax ?

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 17:39:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Are you sure you have switched the TV over to the correct hdmi input?

| Wed 2 Dec 2020 18:15:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

Nothing happens when I press the button with the red F nor the guide button apart from the button at top right flashing red.

The model number is RM-L08

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 7:10:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

How can I check it is the correct hdmi input?

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 7:12:38 #8 |
  9. prking

prking

Jenna - 58 mins ago  » 
    How can I check it is the correct hdmi input?

Use your TV remote to check that your TV is set to the same HDMI port that the Humax is plugged into.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 8:12:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

Use your TV remote to check that your TV is set to the same HDMI port that the Humax is plugged into.

Thank you - the Humax came up and I was able to do a channel search and save it. I will be attempting to record later today!

As you will have gathered by now, I am not the most tech-savvy person. I do appreciate all the help.

Jenna

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 11:43:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.