My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Tuner swapping / switching / resetting ?

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

My Humax Aura 2TB seems to swap or reset the tuner I'm using. This happens predictably at 9.25pm. At this time the unit is not recording - the last recording finished at 9pm. The channel I'm watching at this time goes blank - no sound - for about 2 seconds, then comes back with a a channel number displayed in the top right hand corner, as though I'd changed channel to the same channel.

Are there any logs that record this behaviour, or can be set to trap it? Is anybody else seeing this tuner-changing-by-itself behaviour? I'd love to get to the bottom of this. For the record I'm running the April 12th update.

| Thu 10 Jun 2021 22:31:58 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I am not in front of my unit using public release software at the moment but iirc that is not the latest, should be 5 May.

Check for update notification on home screen, or via settings device preferences, about, system update.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 11:29:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

My build number is PTT1.190528.001.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 19:59:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

It just did it again. This time I was watching Gogglebox on Channel 4 HD whilst recording it as well. This is the only channel being recorded. This is weird.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:31:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RatherLargeZed - 8 mins ago  » 
    It just did it again. This time I was watching Gogglebox on Channel 4 HD whilst recording it as well. This is the only channel being recorded. This is weird.

If you were recording at well. Why did you not view it in chasing playback from the ongoing recording from the curremt recordinng list? When you get to a ad break skip the ads using the forward skip options. This will avoid dropping out of the currently recorded content and dumping the end of the recording an resetting the buffer to the next programme.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:45:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

If you were recording at well. Why did you not view it in chasing playback from the ongoing recording from the curremt recordinng list? When you get to a ad break skip the ads using the forward skip options. This will avoid dropping out of the currently recorded content and dumping the end of the recording an resetting the buffer to the next programme.

I decided to watch this and just let the recording run. This happens at the same time - around 9.2pm - even when I'm not recording.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:49:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

RatherLargeZed - 17 secs ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

I decided to watch this and just let the recording run. This happens at the same time - around 9.2pm - even when I'm not recording.

Sorry - that's 9.25pm.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:50:51 #7 |
  8. Fixdit

Fixdit

I have noticed this also, In my case it was trggered by my FOXSAT - HDR starting up from standby ready to record, it does not have any noticable effect on any recording being made by my Aura. I have tried dressing cables etc. I cannot make it occur by manually powering the FOXSAT. Have you any other devices attached to your TV that may be powering up in the background? If you have it may be that device doing a HDMI handshake to the TV causing the the blackout.

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:59:13 #8 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

RatherLargeZed - 25 mins ago  » 

Do you have any electrical appliances (central heating, hot water, lights) that switch on or off at this time?

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 21:59:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Mars - 9 hours ago  » 

RatherLargeZed - 25 mins ago  » 

Do you have any electrical appliances (central heating, hot water, lights) that switch on or off at this time?

No, no other devices start or come in or out of standby at this time. There's no other electrical devices turning on or off. My Aura is connected to a Bose Soundtouch 220 (a soundbar and AV receiver) via HDMI - the Samsung TV is connected to this as well via HDMI.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:24:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.