My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Tuner swapping / switching / resetting ?

(17 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

May sound daft but bare with me - Street Light?

Many moons ago when I moved into a new build had a similar problem, after a few days realised it was when adjacent street light turned on each evening. Contacted local authority and they had an engineer on site next day. He replaced all the cabling then asked me to monitor as he switched it on/off a number of times...problem solved

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:53:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Good point! I'll watch out for this evening and update you later.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 10:00:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

RatherLargeZed - 12 hours ago  » 
    Good point! I'll watch out for this evening and update you later.

Sorry - I was out this evening. I'll update the post tomorrow.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 22:31:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

No joy I'm afraid. The tuner switch / change / reset happened at 9.28pm. The streetlights haven't come on yet. I'm still open to Brian's suggestion of electrical interference. I've seen my computer monitor signal cut out briefly when I switch on my fluorescent anglepoise lamp nearby. I guess I need to do some detective work.

| Sun 13 Jun 2021 21:43:35 #14 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

RatherLargeZed - 15 hours ago  » 
    No joy I'm afraid. The tuner switch / change / reset happened at 9.28pm. The streetlights haven't come on yet. I'm still open to Brian's suggestion of electrical interference. I've seen my computer monitor signal cut out briefly when I switch on my fluorescent anglepoise lamp nearby. I guess I need to do some detective work.

What makes you think it is a the Aura tuner switching? I think that would only happen with multiple recordings up to the limit. It is the Aura channel label coming up after the blackout?

Could there be a momentary failure of power in the TV or are the back lights going? Has the TV got a sleep timer coming on at that time as no activity detected? Are the batteries in remote low and sending a command in error (unlikely).

Does the soundbar have a sleep timer or eco mode that it is going into at that time and sending a message to the TV?

Could there be a momentary break in transmission (unlikely) or outside interference from unshielded electrical device as has been mentioned? Which transmitter are you aimed at? Have you tried just watching through the TV aerial source (not from the aura HDMI ) around that time to see if it stops and goes black? Is the TV checking for an update at that time (usually this would be done in the wee small hours)?

On another tack: I notice my Aura does flag up a notice that it is preparing to record something later, often well before it is due to start; but it doesn't black my screen out. Have you got another scheduled recording coming up later in the evening?
    It might be worth resting the Aura but save your settings first as you can reload them after reset.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 14:04:38 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul Bton - 22 mins ago  » 

What makes you think it is a the Aura tuner switching? I think that would only happen with multiple recordings up to the limit. It is the Aura channel label coming up after the blackout?
    Could there be a momentary failure of power in the TV or are the back lights going? Has the TV got a sleep timer coming on at that time as no activity detected? Are the batteries in remote low and sending a command in error (unlikely).
    Does the soundbar have a sleep timer or eco mode that it is going into at that time and sending a message to the TV?
    Could there be a momentary break in transmission (unlikely) or outside interference from unshielded electrical device as has been mentioned? Which transmitter are you aimed at? Have you tried just watching through the TV aerial source (not from the aura HDMI ) around that time to see if it stops and goes black? Is the TV checking for an update at that time (usually this would be done in the wee small hours)?
    On another tack: I notice my Aura does flag up a notice that it is preparing to record something later, often well before it is due to start; but it doesn't black my screen out. Have you got another scheduled recording coming up later in the evening?
    It might be worth resting the Aura but save your settings first as you can reload them after reset.

Message comes up 10 mins or so before scheduled start time. It just means box is watching for broadcaster signal that the programme has started.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 14:29:02 #16 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Paul Bton - 4 hours ago  » 

Sorry ‘Re setting’. Bloody autocorrect.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 18:18:12 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.