My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

TV Guide - Available soon!!

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

JamesB - 3 hours ago  » 
    That would be Humax territory, not Freesat.

Ok, thanks. Do Humax ever look in on this forum and pro-actively pick up on threads like the remote issue? Or does that have to be something that is directed at Humax site?

| Thu 21 May 2015 16:19:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pugsley - 24 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 3 hours ago  » 

Ok, thanks. Do Humax ever look in on this forum and pro-actively pick up on threads like the remote issue? Or does that have to be something that is directed at Humax site?

If I was experiencing sporadic problems of that kind, after this forum my next course of action would be to ring Humax Support and ask for advice.

| Thu 21 May 2015 16:46:32 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

JamesB - 6 minutes ago  » 

Pugsley - 24 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 3 hours ago  » 

If I was experiencing sporadic problems of that kind, after this forum my next course of action would be to ring Humax Support and ask for advice.

That sounds sensible. I haven't gone back through the thread on the remote issue yet to see if anyone has already done this and what the response was. What I don't particularly want is for Humax to tell me to do a factory reset but that is pre-empting what they may say. When my remote disconnects from the Humax box I unpug for a while and it is ok. Others, it seems, have to do factory re-sets. So there are multiple possibilities when this happens. I need to have a bit of a think as to whether I am contacting Humax just for me or on behalf of others.

| Thu 21 May 2015 17:18:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If the cure is different, the cause may also be different. Have you established by experiment that the problem involves the remote? If the buttons on the box also fail to work, that suggests the box is freezing rather than losing the remote signals.

| Thu 21 May 2015 17:40:50 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

Sorry, I was being a bit vague as this thread is not about the remote issue per se. My problem is an intermittent box freeze which initially manifests itself via the remote. The only buttons that work on the remote to the box are power off and volume. Nothing works on the box, hence the mains power off. I then have a long period of time with absolutely no problems, and then it will happen again. Often at the same time as others report similar problems on here.

| Thu 21 May 2015 18:09:01 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

In which case it's probably not a remote issue, so if ringing Humax for advice, it would be best not to describe the problem in those terms.

However, as you say, this discussion is off-topic for this thread, so best abandoned.

| Thu 21 May 2015 18:26:02 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Although...

It might be worth reading the post at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freezing-up-and-not-responding-to-remote before ringing Humax. Worth considering.

| Thu 21 May 2015 18:32:16 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thinking about it, it's possible that was the cause of my box displaying the same symptoms on one ocassion. My router developed a habit of randomly re-setting itself. Virgin replaced it with two other Superhubs, both had the same issue. In the end a Virgin Superhub two resolved the issue. It's thought a firmware update on the original routers caused the issue.

If it happens again check how long the router says it's been since a reset.

| Thu 21 May 2015 18:48:48 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

Thanks both. I would love the issue to be related, unfortunately it is not. I have checked broadband drop out the last time it happened, and laptops and smart TVs were working fine via broadband. Next time I get it I will ring Humax and take it from there.

| Thu 21 May 2015 19:07:25 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pugsley - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks both. I would love the issue to be related, unfortunately it is not. I have checked broadband drop out the last time it happened, and laptops and smart TVs were working fine via broadband. Next time I get it I will ring Humax and take it from there.

So were mine, by the time I checked the router it was all back up again. The only way I knew was the last reset on the router was a few minutes before and I happened to be using the laptop and it lost the wireless connection for a few minutes.

On one occasion I happened to be watching a streamed movie.

| Thu 21 May 2015 19:13:53 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.