My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV Players iPlayer, ITVX, More 4, 5 etc not worki

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

All the tv player apps give me a Freeview Play Oops That's an Error! Unable to connect properly error message.

Is this just me? How can I fix it?

| Thu 4 Jan 2024 22:23:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

How do you connect to the internet using your Aura.
    WiFi or Ethernet cable?
    Has the Aura been able to use these apps before or is this a new problem.
    Have you rebooted/ restarted your router to see if that is the problem.
    Have you restarted the apps on your Aura?
    Press the Freeview button on the remote, click right to the power on/ off symbol and select Restart Apps.

Have you restarted the Aura, long press on the Power button on the remote,
    select OK from the 'Do you want to shut down' dialogue.
    Wait till the Aura shuts down fully, no LED visible on the Aura, takes about 5 minutes.
    Then press the power button on the remote to restart make sure the Aura goes through the full start up routine.
    Have you tried a full power off, shutting down as above but this time removing the plug for a minute or two before restarting.

| Fri 5 Jan 2024 5:04:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

Hi,

WiFi - all seems OK. Other apps work, can schedule via phone app.

New problem. Have restarted box and router but not done a factory reset as value my recordings. Disney/ Apple / Plex works!

Have either unloaded restored or removed updates tried again (fail) then reapply.

Discovered that if I go back in time on EPG a programme will start in relevant player. I can then exit into player and search as normal. However if I try to launch player from 'Apps' I get the same error message!?!? So I have a workaround. Allies to all terrestial players and the google/freeview free apps (which I don't often use)

My Aura has a habit of about once a week of doing a full start up (dots, welcome messages etc) when I bring it out of standby despite not having any deep sleep set. It also drops audio for short bursts regularly so I'll add this to its list of faults!

I assumed that an update to freeview play that Aura doesn't have was causing issues but guess it's only me?

Humax advice was to factory reset - it always is. But would rather keep my recordings and schedule for now.

Thanks for your help.

| Fri 5 Jan 2024 8:28:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

A Factory Reset DOES NOT DELETE your Recordings.
    You can backup your Recording Schedule via the Backup Preferences option under
    Freeview Button (remote)> Settings> Freeview Play Preferences> Backup User Preferences.
    Having done a Factory Reset you can import your user settings and your recording schedule via
    Import User Preference.

The bad thing about a Factory Reset is you will need to re-download all apps you have installed and remember the user names and passwords you used for them, which takes some time.

| Fri 5 Jan 2024 9:21:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rolandsizzers - 3 hours ago  » 
    My Aura has a habit of about once a week of doing a full start up (dots, welcome messages etc) when I bring it out of standby despite not having any deep sleep set.

That is completely normal. It was introduced in one of the software updates and I would guess it was intended as a temporary fix for a memory leak (or similar) but then the software development was abandoned.

It also drops audio for short bursts regularly so I'll add this to its list of faults!

Have you tried changing options on the TV relating to the HDMI port that the Humax is connected to? There have some reports of the most unlikely settings giving problems so it is worth trying changing each setting individually and see if any help with the problem.

| Fri 5 Jan 2024 12:22:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Another tip if you are going to backup/re-import your settings, wait for the guide to fully populate before you re-import, otherwise you will get INVALID on some/all of the timers.

| Fri 5 Jan 2024 12:25:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

Factory Reset worked. Thanks for the tips.

| Sun 7 Jan 2024 19:20:43 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.