My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

tv portal

(33 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wfaf - 3 minutes ago  » 
    yes i can watch all of those channels

Misread the schedule it's being transmitted from next Monday.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

Do you leave your box on 24/7 ?

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 15:45:40 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wfaf

i will do that, my box is on power save, i read the manule and i think that is okay do you agree? and do you think this will solve the problem of no portal? i am very greatful for all your help

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 15:49:22 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wfaf - 13 minutes ago  » 
    i will do that, my box is on power save, i read the manule and i think that is okay do you agree? and do you think this will solve the problem of no portal? i am very greatful for all your help

Yes it should solve the portal problem. Puzzled why it has not already updated. The update has been on air for a while unless it's only just been installed.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:06:06 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wfaf

i will keep trying the auto update, i have only had the machine two days, on the site it said they are putting out the ota updates again on the 16th - 18th july so hopfull next week all will be okay, if not i will seek more help form you please. fingers crossed. and once again thanks very much .

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:10:58 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wfaf - 1 minute ago  » 
    i will keep trying the auto update, i have only had the machine two days, on the site it said they are putting out the ota updates again on the 16th - 18th july so hopfull next week all will be okay, if not i will seek more help form you please. fingers crossed. and once again thanks very much .

That explains it, if you don't do it manually on Monday it should do it overnight Monday/Tuesday. It takes a while so be warned if you want to use the box do it automatically overnight.

The internet radio option isn't currently available by the way.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:15:08 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wfaf

okay, i will leave the box on and then all should update automatically. thanks

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:20:31 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Don't leave it on - it needs to be in standby to get the update.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:28:43 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Been thinking about this a bit more (Would appreciate Repassacs views). The laptop should have worked via the homeplugs, as the hdr wasn't connected to the network when this was tried, changing it's IP address won't have made any difference. This surely means there's something wrong with the actual network possibly as a result of using other homeplug devices at the same time. If so then of course a later firmware won't sort out the problem.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 9:15:59 #28 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The homeplug lights indicate that all is well at the physical connection level (as does the led indicator on the PVR network connection socket).
    I would go back to DHCP - after the PVR has aquired an ip address then open a PC command window (run cmd.exe) and enter ping. ipaddress.
    You should get a reply (whatever firmware version is loaded).
    The router should list the PVR as a connected device.

If you get an address conflict message then another device on the network is set to a manual ip that is part of the routers DHCP address range.

The remaining thing that must be connect is the DNS server - using DHCP this should also be correct as it will use what the router is using.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 10:32:45 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Why wouldn't the OP's laptop connect to the internet when the OP tried connecting his laptop to the homeplug by the hdr instead of the hdr ?

Presumably the reason must be sorted before the OP can use the portal.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 12:15:56 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.