My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

tv portal

(33 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I did not find where the OP said that.
    However I bet he did not reboot the laptop.
    I think using homeplugs modifies hardware address rtesolution - I am no expert on homeplugs but I do know they have a MAC address which the PC will cache in it's arp cache for a short time (Try arp -a in a command window, and you will see the mac to ip translation.

I would reboot all, router first, PC then PVR, check for an IP on the PVR and try a ping from the laptop,

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 11:51:19 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I did not find where the OP said that.
    However I bet he did not reboot the laptop.
    I think using homeplugs modifies hardware address rtesolution - I am no expert on homeplugs but I do know they have a MAC address which the PC will cache in it's arp cache for a short time (Try arp -a in a command window, and you will see the mac to ip translation.
    I would reboot all, router first, PC then PVR, check for an IP on the PVR and try a ping from the laptop,

If I plug my laptop into the homeplug that I use to connect my hdr I get an instant local area connection and fast internet access. I have a spare one that I use for Skype calls to OZ. Just plug in into any socket and connect the laptop. No reboots it just works exactly the same as connecting it directly to the router.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 12:15:56 #32 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I said I did not know much about homepliugs - Just checked and my network does not see the homeplug mac address only the end point ip address. You live and learn.

I would still try the reboot root - he did have an address confict on the network - and has made several ip changes on the foxsat.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 13:04:17 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.