My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

TV volume control

(8 posts)
  1. Ynot1104

Ynot1104

Hi All,

Can anyone understand why Humax have decided not to include being able to link your TV to the freesat remote control even though there is a button for this feature. I never really understand why companies provide features in one model that they manufacture and then ignore it in another. I know that there is one-for-all type of remotes out there but where is the logic....apologies for the moaning it is just frustrating!

| Wed 2 Jan 2013 20:40:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

monterey

Volume control on mine works absolutely fine using supplied HDMI cable to link to my Panasonic TC. Perhaps you should check your connections!

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 6:03:10 #2 |
  3. Ynot1104

Ynot1104

Hi,

That's really interesting - the TV/AV button on mine does not work at all even with all the connections working fine (not sure what difference the HDMI cable makes) and when I spoke to HUMAX, they said that the button has not been included to function. I know on my 'old' FOXSAT box this worked fine but I had to set the button up with a code, did your button work immediately?
    Regards.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 11:13:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I think monterey is confused here, you are correct in that the AV button on the 1000s R/C does nothing. You can of course control, with the R/C, the volume that is output by the 1000s, but not the TV.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 11:19:52 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 33 minutes ago  » 
    I think monterey is confused here, you are correct in that the AV button on the 1000s R/C does nothing. You can of course control, with the R/C, the volume that is output by the 1000s, but not the TV.

Volume control on HD channels (ac3) audio normally doesn't work unless you have turned off Surround Sound output which converts aac audio to be output as lpcm stereo.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 11:55:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

saznic

Can anyone help explain why my new humax 1000s plays at a lower volume than my tv? We inadvertently switched out of the humax whilst channel changing and nearly blasted out of our seats!

| Sat 5 Jan 2013 16:07:03 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

saznic - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Can anyone help explain why my new humax 1000s plays at a lower volume than my tv? We inadvertently switched out of the humax whilst channel changing and nearly blasted out of our seats!

Hi welcome to the forum, the box defaults to only output 50% volume. Turn up the box volume with the remote to max. If you then have problems with HD channels turn off Multi-channel sound out.

Settings/Picture and Sound/Digital audio out

| Sat 5 Jan 2013 16:19:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

saznic

Thanks, will try that out. Had to revert to using tv on free view as the sound is so muffled.

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 10:14:16 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.