My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Two Aura on same network

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

telltuff - 1 hour ago  » 
    The potential attraction of using a second Aura to view the recordings streamed from the first Aura would be if the second Aura could play the first Auras HD recordings in full HD.

To get full HD then the Aura would need to support the DTCP-IP protocol; is that listed anywhere in the specifications?

Are specifications of this detail published by Humax? If refering to the specifications published on the Humax website then no I cannot see any mention of DTCP-IP protocol. But looking on the Humax website the specifications they publish for the FVP-4000T & FVP-5000T don't mention DTCP-IP protocol and there are comments on this forum that those boxes can play each others HD recordings in full HD.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 17:02:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

telltuff - 6 hours ago  » 
    Are specifications of this detail published by Humax?

I am fairly sure they have been for some previous models.

If refering to the specifications published on the Humax website then no I cannot see any mention of DTCP-IP protocol. But looking on the Humax website the specifications they publish for the FVP-4000T & FVP-5000T don't mention DTCP-IP protocol and there are comments on this forum that those boxes can play each others HD recordings in full HD.

I am as certain as I can be that the FVP-4000T and FVP-5000T are using DTCP-IP to protect playing of HD recordings. The earlier HDR-FOX T2 also used DTCP-IP (but an earlier version) hence HD recordings on an HDR-FOX T2 can be played on an FVP-5000T but HD recordings on the FVP-5000T will not play on the HDR-FOX T2.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 23:33:39 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

In case anyone is interested. I have asked Humax using online chat if, since the 19/4/21 software update which added Network Server DLNA/UPnP, a recording on one Aura can be played on a second Aura and if it was a HD recording would it be played in full HD. In post #7 of this thread you can see the original question I asked (pre the 19/4/21 update) and was told no. This time I have been told yes it can.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 13:56:28 #13 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

telltuff - 22 mins ago  » 
    In case anyone is interested. I have asked Humax using online chat if, since the 19/4/21 software update which added Network Server DLNA/UPnP, a recording on one Aura can be played on a second Aura and if it was a HD recording would it be played in full HD. In post #7 of this thread you can see the original question I asked (pre the 19/4/21 update) and was told no. This time I have been told yes it can.

Did they tell you how? I have my doubts!

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 14:20:45 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

Mars - 5 mins ago  » 

telltuff - 22 mins ago  » 

Did they tell you how? I have my doubts!

In the course of the chat I asked in relation to how recordings made on a FVP4000T/5000T can be played on a H3 or another FVP4000T/5000T with HD recordings being played in full HD. With (I believe) the FVP4000T/5000T with the recording passing the encryption key to the client device, H3 or FVP4000T/5000T, to enable full HD playback and was told it is the same.

| Thu 29 Apr 2021 14:41:34 #15 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

telltuff - 2 years ago  » 
    Is it possible to play recordings made on one Aura via network on a second Aura? The scenario would have one Aura attached to TV downstairs and second Aura attached to TV upstairs with both Aura connected using wired ethernet to the same network. Believe this was possible with the FVP 4000T & FVP 5000T for both SD and HD recordings. I see at least one person here has mentioned they have 2 Auras so was hoping someone had some experience.

Having just got a second Aura. It is possible to view recordings made on one Aura on another. I downloaded VLC from the Android site via the Aura and turning on file share using FTP. It seems to be in HD but you can't seem to come back to the same stop point if you quit out.

| Wed 14 Jun 2023 12:51:35 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I can view my recordings from the Aura downstairs in the bedroom using a Firestick. It’s not something I do often, but useful in the odd occasion as I have an FVP4000 which I use for my recording needs for upstairs viewing.

Kodi is installed on the Firestick and it plays SD recordings without issue and I can fast forward/jump through adverts. I have been able to play HD recording’s too, but if I try and fast forward it jumps to the beginning of the recording.

| Wed 14 Jun 2023 20:09:27 #17 |
  8. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

That’s interesting you could view Humax recordings on a Firestick (not strictly on topic ). I couldn’t get Kodi on the Aura in the living room to see my Aura upstairs on my network.

I wanted to see recordings on the Aura downstairs in the living room. VLC for me could easily see the network and not be too difficult to use.

It’s a shame there isn’t a more integrated and fully functional media player built in to the Aura like it was on my old 4000T.

| Wed 14 Jun 2023 20:39:58 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.