My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unable to pause live broadcast

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

jdlfreetime - 1 min ago  » 
    Hi SSThing, have you tried turning box off for say 30 minutes & then trying again, worth a try, but make sure that your recording schedule don't have a recording that has started up as this will also not allow you access to format HD. Just have a look at schedule in planned list via Recordings first. Hope you are able to fix it. If all else fails you will need a replacement drive.
    John L

I turned the TV and box off at the mains overnight and have also just tried holding down the power button on the box for 15 seconds and starting it up again.
    Not sure what else I can try........

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 12:33:50 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Lindyloo - 21 mins ago  » 

wiggers - 4 mins ago  » 
    Sounds like the HD has failed.

Would it be worthwhile trying to plug in a USB? Or a spare hard drive?

That would at least test if the recording system is working or something else has failed.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 12:41:40 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

ry this:

Press Settings on the remote.
    Scroll to System Settings and press OK
    Scroll to Storage and press OK
    Press OK on HDD
    Scroll to Format Hard Drive and press OK

Plugged in a hard drive and I got as far as Storage and it shows Portable - nothing else. As I have various backups on that, I don't want to wipe it.
    It's not showing any other storage

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 12:48:22 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Lindyloo - 42 mins ago  » 
    Plugged in a hard drive and I got as far as Storage and it shows Portable - nothing else. As I have various backups on that, I don't want to wipe it.
    It's not showing any other storage

If it isn't full, try recording to it.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 13:31:33 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wiggers - 5 mins ago  » 
    If it isn't full, try recording to it.

As far as I know you can't record to an external hard drive.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 13:37:31 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

Thanks. I'll give that a try later on............ but it looks as though my Humax box has had it. So I need to order another...........

Thanks for all the help - very much appreciated.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 13:38:03 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Just had a look & the Humax 1010 model you mentioned is similar to the 1000S model that I used to own & they had problems with hardware. I just remembered when mine was swapped by Humax for the 1100S (smaller/last model produced) for a small charge. There were problems with the motherboard SATA interface and the Hard drive being recognised. They did offer a repair service for around £26/50, not sure if Humax are still doing this. Might be worth contacting them directly to see if they can repair/swap for a price a newer model.

If you do look for a replacement DON'T go for same model! You maybe wasting your money as they all develop faults. I recommend the 1100S model. I have had the 1100S now for over 7 years without it breaking down/they seem more reliable. John L

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 15:09:33 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jdlfreetime - 51 mins ago  » 
    There were problems with the motherboard SATA interface and the Hard drive being recognised. They did offer a repair service for around £26/50, not sure if Humax are still doing this.

They did offer a fixed price repair service for this fault but this stopped quite some time ago. https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/repairs/humax-box-repair/ offer a fixed price repair service for £69.95 with a no charge if unable to fix policy.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 16:06:55 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

If you do look for a replacement DON'T go for same model! You maybe wasting your money as they all develop faults. I recommend the 1100S model. I have had the 1100S now for over 7 years without it breaking down/they seem more reliable. John L

Thanks for that advice. I've now ordered a FREESAT - UHD-4X Smart 4K Ultra HD Digital TV Recorder - 500 GB. I understand Humax are no longer making freesat recorders.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 16:09:19 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindyloo

They did offer a fixed price repair service for this fault but this stopped quite some time ago. https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/repairs/humax-box-repair/ offer a fixed price repair service for £69.95 with a no charge if unable to fix policy.

That's worth knowing - thanks very much.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 16:14:15 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.