My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unable to pause live broadcast

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Several times recently I have pressed pause but all I get is an error message. Doesn't matter how long I wait I still get the same error.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 9:59:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Here's the attachment.

Attachments

1. IMG_20180125_205339a.jpg (84.7 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 26 Jan 2018 10:02:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In 5&1/2 years with the 1000S I've never seen that, nor has it ever been reported here as I recall. I would guess at a hard disk problem. Try as a first step a hard disk cleanup (which will not erase any data). 2nd a factory reset (recording schedule is lost), 3rd a hard disk format (everything is lost). Lastly, looks like a disk replacement.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 11:42:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    In 5&1/2 years with the 1000S I've never seen that, nor has it ever been reported here as I recall. I would guess at a hard disk problem. Try as a first step a hard disk cleanup (which will not erase any data). 2nd a factory reset (recording schedule is lost), 3rd a hard disk format (everything is lost). Lastly, looks like a disk replacement.

It was reported a few times when the box was relatively new. It's generally down to file corruption of the time shift buffer file (perhaps as a result of a power cut). The same condition was found on the Foxsat-HDR for which the custom firmware offered a simple fix. Afaik only a disk format will fix a affected G2 box if the file is corrupt.

As you say try a reset (never found the disk clean up to do anything).

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 11:58:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Thanks both. I'm running a disk clean now, hadn't noticed the option before!

Has anyone tried removing the disk and mounting it on a PC to fix things?

[Edit] Disk clean hasn't fixed it. Got too many recordings I want to keep so destructive methods are out of the question. Will have to live without the Pause function!

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 12:02:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wiggers - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks both. I'm running a disk clean now, hadn't noticed the option before!
    Has anyone tried removing the disk and mounting it on a PC to fix things?
    [Edit] Disk clean hasn't fixed it. Got too many recordings I want to keep so destructive methods are out of the question. Will have to live without the Pause function!

Other than deleting your recording schedule a factory reset does not affect your existing recordings. Photograph the schedule first using a digital camera.

The recording partition is apparently encrypted so you can't access it on a PC which itself needs to be booted into Linux.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 12:50:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Thanks for the tips!

I recall from replacing the HD in an older model that there were several partitions. I was wondering if the time-shift buffer was in its own partition. Maybe if that could be wiped it would be re-created?

PS I use DiskInternals Linux Reader to access such disks under Windoze.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:25:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

wiggers - 8 minutes ago  » ...if the time-shift buffer was in its own partition. Maybe if that could be wiped it would be re-created?
    PS I use DiskInternals Linux Reader to access such disks under Windoze.

That reader is, as the name suggests, read-only.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:35:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

D'oh! Yes, of course. Ages since I had to do anything like that. I have some Linux VMs lying around, maybe I used one of those.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:40:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Factory Reset hasn't worked either.

Is there anyone from Humax UK here? I submitted a support request (2017-12-13 15:10:14) but heard nothing back despite their promise to, "respond to you (sic) email inquiry with in 24-48 hours."

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 14:29:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.