My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Unable to write or copy files to USB flash drive

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeks

I am trying to download mp4 video files from a web browser to a formatted 128Gb usb flash drive on my 2Tb Aura. I can download them to the Download folder on the Aura's internal RAM storage successfully, but the Aura's storage is limited so I'd like to then copy them to the usb drive using the app XPlore. However, it produces an error.

I can playback pre-existing MP4 files on the usb drive (using MX Player). Are the USB sockets on the Aura read-only.

| Wed 30 Mar 2022 19:13:50 #1 |
  2. jpv1960

jpv1960

If you have access to a PC or Mac, just use FTP (FileZilla - free) and download programmes onto the USB connected to your computer.
    It works brilliantly and pretty fast.

| Fri 1 Apr 2022 10:40:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeks

jpv1960 - 5 hours ago  » 
    If you have access to a PC or Mac, just use FTP (FileZilla - free) and download programmes onto the USB connected to your computer.

Thanks, but I would like the video files to be i) downloaded from a browser on the Aura ii) to the USB on the Aura and then iii) played on my TV from the Aura. I can do the first and third stages but not the second stage.

I know your solution will work but you shouldn't need to do all that messing about. For example, what I require is possible and easily achieved with a Nvidia Shield. The Shield is also Google TV just like an Aura.

| Fri 1 Apr 2022 16:31:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Does your browser not have any options to select the USB as the download location (as in Chrome)?

| Fri 1 Apr 2022 17:50:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Beeks

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does your browser not have any options to select the USB as the download location (as in Chrome)?

I can download to the Download folder on the internal RAM storage successfully but I get an error when trying to save to the formatted USB storage. In addition, I get an error when trying to copy files to the USB storage (using a File Manager).

The USB storage appears to be Read Only.

I'd be grateful if one of you tried to copy files to a USB Flash Drive. Let me know if it works for you.

| Fri 1 Apr 2022 19:02:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manwe

jpv1960 - 2 weeks ago  » 

I'm trying to use ftp using FileZilla but having very little success. Using the server address etc provided by the Aura I am getting repeated "Connection Refused" errors then on the odd time I make a connection after uploading files I get a "Connection Lost" error.
    Any tips on how to get ftp working would be most appreciated.

| Sat 16 Apr 2022 21:52:52 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.