My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unaccountable & Excess Internet Usage

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Roger.Packer - 1 day ago  » 
    I contacted Humax, who had little idea of how to fix it

Roger, which email address did you use when contacting Humax ?
    I complained to them about this and other stuff and didn't even get a reply.

| Thu 27 Dec 2012 20:37:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

grogmeister

@christery

I turned on the Humax and TV and for a few mins the remote to the Humax was not working, everything was frozen.

Mine's done this a couple of times now :-/ Everything of mine was on, so it's something else as opposed to your switch powering up.

| Thu 27 Dec 2012 21:47:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roger.Packer

Hi Dec. I phoned Humax Call Centre: 0844 669 8800. They dealt with the return very effectively. I have to say that I am surprised that they seemed to know nothing out this excess internet usage, expecially that replacing the box would not solve the problem. Regards, Roger

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 16:04:48 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grogmeister - 18 hours ago  » 
    @christery

I turned on the Humax and TV and for a few mins the remote to the Humax was not working, everything was frozen.

Mine's done this a couple of times now :-/ Everything of mine was on, so it's something else as opposed to your switch powering up.

Probably down to the cpu being tied up carrying out higher priority procedures with critical time related requirements before getting round to servicing the remote control.

At a guess in this case may be related to the boot up, part of the boot up will be checking for a net connection so perhaps is in some way involved.

A few minutes sounds unlikely though. Even 10 seconds seems a long time.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 16:19:40 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.