My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Unanswered Questions

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceedy

Background : I have serveral 9200Ts and the hard drives are near the end of their life. My family have 9300Ts. Through advice in other posts I will replace my 9200Ts with HDR-FOX T2s (as they also play nicely with PCs) when the drive dies in a 9200T.

1) Are there any parts in the 9200T that can be used as spares for a 9300T (the mains lead an on/off switch look similar) ?

2) What is the maximum number of recordings a 9300T can have ? (The 500G fills up at about 150 recordings, some sources say around 256, some sources say around 512 which gives the bigest useful size upgrade as 1T or 2T respectivly)

3) Has anyone sucessfully got a 2T drive to work in a 9300T ? (may be irrelivent dependant upon the answer to the previous question)

4) Is the humaxrw backup between 2 humax formated drives a physical or logical backup ?

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 20:20:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sceedy - 59 minutes ago  » 
    2) What is the maximum number of recordings a 9300T can have ? (The 500G fills up at about 150 recordings, some sources say around 256, some sources say around 512 which gives the bigest useful size upgrade as 1T or 2T respectivly)

I think the maximum number of recordings is 512 but I have a vague recollection that it is split as 256 max TV and 256 max Radio. Can anyone else confirm?

3) Has anyone sucessfully got a 2T drive to work in a 9300T ? (may be irrelivent dependant upon the answer to the previous question)

I don't recollect it being reported and personally I don't think it is a good idea because of the fragility of the file system.

4) Is the humaxrw backup between 2 humax formated drives a physical or logical backup ?

Can you explain what you mean by a logical backup please?

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 21:27:40 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Just to add to Martin's reply, IIRC the limit was 512 files on the 9200T and given that the 9300T filesytem is similar though not identical I would think the same applies. As I recall the most anyone tried in a 9200 was a 500GB which may have just been the availability of ACE drives.

I would keep any 2TB drives for the HDR FOX T2's

It copies the .ts file and the sidecar files from the source drive to the target. I've done it between 9200t drives but I never had a 9300 so don't know if the sidecar files are different but they definitely are on the Fox T2's and humaxrw won't read or write to those drives anyway but the T2's will play the .ts files from e.g. an external drive

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 21:43:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 1 hour ago  » 
    As I recall the most anyone tried in a 9200 was a 500GB which may have just been the availability of ACE drives.

I fitted a 750GB drive to a 9200T for someone.

humaxrw won't read or write to those drives anyway but the T2's will play the .ts files from e.g. an external drive

You can run humaxrw natively on an HDR-FOX T2 with the custom firmware so it is possible to copy from a 9200T/9300T drive to an HDR-FOX T2.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 23:40:04 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Thanks for the correction Martin

You can run humaxrw natively on an HDR-FOX T2 with the custom firmware so it is possible to copy from a 9200T/9300T drive to an HDR-FOX T2.

I hadn't noticed that in the packages or does it need compiling?

| Tue 13 Feb 2018 20:52:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 14 minutes ago  » 

I hadn't noticed that in the packages or does it need compiling?

It is a normal package; I doubt it is widely used. The link to the package notes is https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Humaxrw

| Tue 13 Feb 2018 21:07:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sceedy

5) This has confused me further. My understanding is that 9300T files are encryped with a key unique to a particular box. Is this correct? (i.e. Is my belief that the files copied from a 9300T to an HDR-FOX T2 can not be played actually correct ?)

6) Does anybody have the file system notes for the 9300T that is in the closed wiki (and be willing to send them to me) (google search no longer even gives wiki... as a result so you cant even get the ... have to close ... mesage any more) ?

7) Is the source code for humaxrw available? (the worst anybody can say is no. Despite DD being nicknamed Disk Destroyer, it is posible to edit a copy of a disk image and write it back to a disk as many times as you like i.e. until you get what you want, but it is easier not to start from scratch. There are very mixed postings about humaxrw and 9300T so I would rather create a version that manipulated 2 disk images and write the results back because I would not have to spend the time reformating the destination disk if it goes wrong)

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 19:53:58 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only the later HD capable boxes encrypt recordings.

What happens varies with the box.

eg The HDR-Fox-T2 encrypts HD and SD, copying to USB removes the encryption for SD recordings. The contemporary satellite Foxsat-HDR encrypts HD but not SD.

The HDR-FOX-T2 has the capability to stream even HD to a second one thanks to the protected server/client arrangement which I guess can swap the encryption keys.

The only issue with the earlier SD boxes is that they use a disk operating system that is not supported by Windows systems. HumaxRW is a driver that allows the files (which are not encrypted) to be copied to a Windows/DOS based system.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 21:20:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 
    HumaxRW is a driver that allows the files (which are not encrypted) to be copied to a Windows/DOS based system.

It isn't limited to Windows; there is also a version to run natively under Linux.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 21:30:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sceedy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is my belief that the files copied from a 9300T to an HDR-FOX T2 can not be played actually correct ?

Your belief is not correct.

7) Is the source code for humaxrw available?

I don't think it is in the public domain. The author is xyz321 who is a member here and at hummy.tv. You could try contacting him and see whether he would allow you access.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 21:34:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.