My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Undelete or recover

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samuk

I remember that this was a requested improvement for the Aura from early days but I cannot find any follow up.
    Is there any way to recover/undelete a recording which has been accidentally deleted? I have been caught out a few times by deleting the recording after the one I have just watched as the highlight seems to increment itself down the list of recordings.
    TIA.

| Thu 31 Mar 2022 22:03:52 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Unfortunately there is currently no way I know of to recover a deleted recording. It would be useful to add a deleted items option to the recordings/schedule screen and be able to set a retention time in the settings. This has been requested as an enhancement but there have been no general public release Humax firmware or app updates since Jul/Aug 2021 and the beta testing programme has not seen any action either.

I have also specifically requested Humax to fix the issue of the recording being watched highlighted selection changing as I believe this is a bug. This only happens when other recordings start whilst watching the selected recorded programme and the list gets shuffled. I can't imagine it is a difficult fix to keep a track of which programme is being viewed and have it still highlighted when finished.

I'm sure Humax must be working on updates in some shape or form (unless they have just been concentrating on their new smart plug!). At the very least the Android OS will need to be updated at some point under the terms of their license agreement with Google.

I will dig out my bugs and enhancements list and send it over to Humax again and see if anyone bites.

| Thu 31 Mar 2022 23:08:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samuk

Thank you davidrew for your quick reply.
    I hope Humax will take note of your bugs and enhancements list.

| Thu 31 Mar 2022 23:59:40 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.