My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unexpected schedule clash

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Earlier I was recording Pointless on BBC1 finishing at 1800 and also had a scheduled recording of Eggheads on BBC2 starting at 1800 both with a short buffer, so that there was a short overlap - but only of two recordings.

I then tried to schedule a manually created recording from 1759 on BBC1 for 60 minutes to cover the Main News and London News. The box (5000T) refused to do it. However it allowed a 60m schedule starting at 1800 exactly.

As the box has 3 tuners, can anyone explain this behaviour?

| Mon 23 Apr 2018 18:05:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The perils of not using accurate recording ? Try setting auto for start and stop times. With padding the start and stop times are set in stone (scheduled adjusted by padding).

| Mon 23 Apr 2018 19:54:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

OK Graham. I have set it to Auto and will try the same recording tonight, once Pointless has started, the same as I did last night when the issue happened.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 8:16:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have just done a few experiments and it appears that the box will not allow overlapping recordings on the same channel, even though there are unused tuners available.

I tried setting 1759-1859 on BBC1 again (padding now set to Auto) and it failed. I also tried 1829-1929 on BBC2 HD (overlapping with the Eggheads recording) and that failed too. However, the same period on BBC2 SD was allowed.

As I have deleted BBC1 HD because of that perishing "Watch in HD" message I cannot use that for Pointless.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 10:02:31 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Am I missing something here?

I don't understand why you don't simply have all these programmes on a series or single record from the EPG. I just tried setting up a schedule for all the shows you mentioned via the EPG and my 4000T accepted them with no problem.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 10:46:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes, I do have most things, including Pointless and Eggheads, set up as a series.

The two news programmes I only record if I am not going to be able to watch them live and prefer to have them recorded straight through the whole hour instead of getting broken in two at the join That you cannot do from the EPG.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 11:02:22 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, I do have most things, including Pointless and Eggheads, set up as a series.
    The two news programmes I only record if I am not going to be able to watch them live and prefer to have them recorded straight through the whole hour instead of getting broken in two at the join That you cannot do from the EPG.

You can set it from the epg and edit the reservation to convert it into a manual event (with a repeat pattern if you wish).

All the Humax recorders insist on using the same tuner for back to back recordings on the same channel.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 11:17:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks Graham

The last sentence answers it all. I must just learn to work around the restriction that causes.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 13:26:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Supplementary Question:

I have finished watching a series which has completed. In the Schedule it is still shown and is marked "Getting information fo...". I try to delete it and, when asked, confirm that I want to delete it, but it still remains. The same happens if I select the entry and then select "Cancel whole series" except it doesn't ask for confirmation, it just does nothing.

Why does it not go away? I can delete an active scheduled series, but not an expired one. Will it disappear on its own eventually?

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 16:59:11 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Supplementary Question:
    I have finished watching a series which has completed. In the Schedule it is still shown and is marked "Getting information fo...". I try to delete it and, when asked, confirm that I want to delete it, but it still remains. The same happens if I select the entry and then select "Cancel whole series" except it doesn't ask for confirmation, it just does nothing.
    Why does it not go away? I can delete an active scheduled series, but not an expired one. Will it disappear on its own eventually?

They get deleted after 13 wks of not finding a new recording.

I just deleted a few though just by pressing + and OK twice

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 17:52:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.