My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Unwanted multiple recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

Hi. I want to schedule to record a film once, which according to my Humax1100S search function is showing on 8 separate occasions. Every time I select one of the showings, it insists on setting up to record all 8!

The film is on ITV4 and ITV4+1. I think the 8 showings is actually 4 whole films, but split into 8 because of a news break. Even so, I don't want it to record 4 times either!

Is it a Humax problem or an ITV4 problem? And any solutions? Thanks

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 12:03:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

George Bailey - 19 hours ago  » 
    Is it a Humax problem or an ITV4 problem? And any solutions?

It is an ITV4 problem. You could schedule a manually set timer recording for the showing you want to record but if you want to set the recording direct from the guide then I don't think there is anything else you can do.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 7:54:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Not just ITV4.
    I know for certain that 63 (Blaze) has the same issue with the crid being the same for every instance the programme is broadcast. Same on one of the movie channels, at least one of the extra C5 channels and probably others.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 9:31:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

George Bailey - 19 hours ago  » 
    Is it a Humax problem or an ITV4 problem?

It is an ITV4 problem.

For satellite why is this ITV4's problem?

The same thing happens on Humax freeview HD recorders and that is due to Humax. The d-book states that two events that have the same CRID and IMI value should not be treated as a single item of content if there is a three hour gap or more, but at least some of the Humax freeview HD recorders ignore the 3 hour gap rule.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 15:56:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

George Bailey

Hi. Thanks for the replies so far. Martin Liddle said:

You could schedule a manually set timer recording

I've only just discovered the manual record function, so this was a useful reminder. Thanks Martin

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 16:06:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I agree with Luke’s observation. All my Freeview Humax boxes exhibit this problem on most channels that split programmes. I had heard of the three hour rule, but couldn’t remember the exact timing or the source! It seems to be a problem with Humax. The only solution I could find is the one Martin suggested - manually setting the timer.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 19:18:53 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.