My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Update for Humax HB1000S - Jan. 2014

(23 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

JamesB - 17 hours ago  » 

JamesB - 2 days ago  » 
    IAINB, FYI, I haven't experienced any bugs since the update, though like others I dislike some aspects of the changes.

I may have spoken too soon. Today I tried to pause a live programme (something I hardly ever do), and found that it doesn't work.
    Since I hadn't tried this before the update, I don't know whether that's the cause. But I see there's a thread about this in the HDR1000S sub-forum, and in that thread, the update is fingered as the culprit. (Edit. I thought it was attributed to the update but I was mistaken - corrupt buffer suggested as cause.)

Do you have record buffer switched on in recording menu?

| Sat 25 Jan 2014 12:15:23 #11 |
  2. IAINB

IAINB

Dear Barry (and all interested in this topic),

Suddenly some lively interest has been stirred up! Yes, I do have the record buffer switched on, though I am not sure why.

I have followed Repassac's advice and performed a factory reset, following the update. This has definitely stabilised the box, making me wonder if this should be standard practice anyway, just to be sure all switches etc. are where they should be again. I do not now have 3 screens at once all vying for my attention and recording is OK again. This I do only by way of the EPG so I cannot comment on the more complex procedures where others are having troubles. I have never used anything but the HDMI as output so the new HD message is for me just plain stupid, though no longer such a pest.

Catinaz is in real trouble since the update, it seems. I no longer use 7001 for the iPlayer though it did work before I went to On Demand. The Search indexing seemed different but I am now used to the iPlayer's little ways. Perhaps Catinaz should try a factory reset? The few number of Settings can be easily checked afterwards. Regards. IAINB

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 14:56:33 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 1 day ago  » 

JamesB - 17 hours ago  » 

JamesB - 2 days ago  » 
    IAINB, FYI, I haven't experienced any bugs since the update, though like others I dislike some aspects of the changes.

I may have spoken too soon. Today I tried to pause a live programme (something I hardly ever do), and found that it doesn't work.
    Since I hadn't tried this before the update, I don't know whether that's the cause. But I see there's a thread about this in the HDR1000S sub-forum, and in that thread, the update is fingered as the culprit. (Edit. I thought it was attributed to the update but I was mistaken - corrupt buffer suggested as cause.)

Do you have record buffer switched on in recording menu?

Thanks! I've now switched it on, and all's well.

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 15:59:50 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New software version now available via OTA and IP.

Version 2.00.09

Release note same as HDR:

• Youtube V4 full support
    • UI Improvements (Time of recordings added to Planned Recordings)

In addition you should find manual transponder entry now works.

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 11:56:02 #14 |
  5. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

Would be the nice if the time of the recordings was shown everywhere, especially when recording shows that have two, three or even four episodes one after another on the same day. Not easy to see which order they should be watched in!

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 13:56:25 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

BBC Sport and News apps added to on demand menu today.

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 15:28:44 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 3 hours ago  » 
    BBC Sport and News apps added to on demand menu today.

Nice to see new apps, though I have to admit I never use either of these myself.

Advanced Television site says freetime is " the only free TV platform or service to feature these." Are these apps different from the ones with the same names on Samsung Smart TV?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 19:38:45 #17 |
  8. IAINB

IAINB

Dear Readers,

It's still not right. I like the corrections and also the improvements (eg for recording) and I like the speed at which Humax and others acted.

The HB is still unstable at switch-on from standby. I often go straight to BBC1 teletext and it can start OK then go wrong. Scrolling through the teletext menu I can often put it in a spin, when the horizontal hum bar + a few lines of EPG appear and I have to EXIT text, press HOME, press EXIT and try TEXT once more. It usually stays stable thereafter!

In SETTINGS, SYSTEM, some choices are not always there, eg storage. This is less irritating as I need them much less often and the fault seems only while I am recording (so perhaps it is intentional). By the way, I now have 2 X 1TB storage attached. My idea is to create a sort of archive, mainly of films. There are no recorder facilities as such but I aim to one day fill HDD1 when I expect the HB to start finding space on HDD2. HDD1 then becomes the archive. I assume the two USB sockets have equal status.

I like the new Apps, particularly BBC News, so congrats to both BBC and Humax here. There is great scope for expansion in this facility.

Regards. IAINB

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 11:21:23 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

During a recording some settings are not displayed. It would be better and less confusing if they were greyed-out with a message "Some settings are not available as a recording is in progress".

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 12:42:28 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 6 hours ago  » 
    During a recording some settings are not displayed. It would be better and less confusing if they were greyed-out with a message "Some settings are not available as a recording is in progress".

Agreed but I assume this is what freesat wanted for some obscure reason.

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 19:12:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.