My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Upgrading the Storage Drive

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assigning the drive to record to is a menu option, and you can only assign a drive formatted by the box. As far as I can tell like the Foxsat-hdr you can only have the media contents of a single usb drive displayed at any one time, so there's no way of copying the contents across. There's no file manager as such just an option like the Foxsat-hdr media list. Incidentally in my case because the second drive was previously used as the recording drive and both had the default drive name, both have the same name. Pressing record though records to the correct drive. Going out in a bit, I will have a further play tommorow.

It will be interesting to see what the tsr folder has in it after a watch reservation before the box is next booted.

Maybe it's possible to access the buffer file externally, a mere trifle to a man of your capabilities

It does though mean you can the use the media replay capability while the box is recording.

| Sat 25 Jun 2011 19:46:21 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tried setting a reminder, I imagine that's the same as the watch option on the foxsat. Other than the drive activity light you can't tell the box is recording. I was not around during the reminder time but pretty sure the box does not fully boot. In any case after the allocated reminder I connected the drive to a PC. The tsr folder is empty, although linux reader says there are no recoverable files.

Without some sort of file server capability it's going to be hard to see what's going on.

One idea may be is to simulate a power cut while viewing to see if this leaves a file in the tsr folder.

Any other ideas anyone ?

| Sun 26 Jun 2011 10:57:49 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

You could try the modded firmware for the T2. This will give you telnet and FTP access amongst the many other optional packages available.
    http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/customised-hdf-file-released.232/

| Sun 26 Jun 2011 12:09:52 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

raydon - 1 week ago  » 
    That's good to know. How do you assign the drive to record to ? And can you copy from one USB drive to the other ? If so, does SD get decrypted when copied ?

Thanks to Barry, you can in fact copy from one drive to the other, option+ on a recording gives you access to the other drive on the hub. This lets you move a file on the same drive or copy it to the other. SD is not decrypted after copying though.

| Mon 4 Jul 2011 11:53:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Thanks for that info Graham. I suspected that the copy option would not decrypt SD recordings, but it's good to have it confirmed.

| Mon 4 Jul 2011 12:05:21 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.