My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Uploading recordings to new Aura - problems

(17 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmaynard - 13 mins ago  » 

If previous boxes are anything to go by, the recordings will be encrypted, and will only play on the original box they were recorded on.

Frankly, that would not surprise me (not overly impressed with Humax's approach to various features).
    BUT, the recordings saved to my Mac play perfectly well in VLC (no need even to change the file extension from .ts)

They must have been SD then HD ones copied by FTP remain encrypted. HD recordings can be converted to SD using the Box Web Interface.

see

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/sd-ts-files-playback-without-transcoding

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:41:08 #11 |
  2. jmaynard

jmaynard

They must have been SD then HD ones copied by FTP remain encrypted.

Indeed, it is only the SD recordings that will play...

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:43:36 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmaynard - 2 mins ago  » 

They must have been SD then HD ones copied by FTP remain encrypted.

Indeed, it is only the SD recordings that will play...

BBC1-SD transmits 720 x 576. If you check the transferred files Mine at least have been scaled to 544 x 576.

It's a condition of the Freeview play licence that only SD copies can be downloaded. So not down to Humax. I have a second Freeview Play Live TV device. A Vbox TV gateway device. This also scales HD to SD.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:49:50 #13 |
  4. jmaynard

jmaynard

So not down to Humax
    the inability to upload saved Recordings is down to Humax.

Installed VLC but it seems to do everything except read from the USB drive...

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 13:54:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

In the "Uploads" folder on the FTP server there is a .txt file which says something along the lines of "recordings can be uploaded here". Have you tried uploading to there?

As a different option, putting them all on a portable disk (or a NAS or similar uPNP device etc) and watching them through VLC (or similar player) should work shouldn't it? They don't need to be on the box to be watchable do they?

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 14:21:54 #15 |
  6. jmaynard

jmaynard

Quite happy to watch via VLC but the option to use a USB stick seems missing? I can use my NAS instead

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 14:25:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

If you upload to the "Uploads" folder (which seems to allow unfettered upload access) then you can find that folder using VLC and play using that. It's not straightforward to find (it's in one of the Android apps folders named something like com.humax.files) but once you've tracked it down you can favourite it within VLC so it will permanently be available.

And as posted on another thread, I've had success with re-uploading Aura recordings that had been deleted from the box into that FTP folder and they get restored into the normal view. So far I've only tested that with recordings made on the same box, but it did work with an HD recording. HD on a different box though might cause issues.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 16:05:34 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.