My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Use hard discs with HDR-1100S

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavePen

Because of space limitations I transferred valued recordings from my old PVR-9150T to a hard disc. I have upgraded to a new HDR-1100s and would like to watch/access these old recordings. The HDR-1100S does not seem to 'see' the old hard disc. Please help.

| Mon 16 May 2016 21:48:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DavePen - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Because of space limitations I transferred valued recordings from my old PVR-9150T to a hard disc. I have upgraded to a new HDR-1100s and would like to watch/access these old recordings. The HDR-1100S does not seem to 'see' the old hard disc.

How did you transfer the recordings and what file system is the hard disk using (FAT 32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXFAT...)?

| Mon 16 May 2016 22:00:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavePen

Files were transferred using the PVR-9150T filing system and the PVR USB port to a 'portable' hard disc formatted FAT 32.

| Tue 17 May 2016 16:35:44 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you describe the "'portable' hard disc" a little more. I.E. is it a pen drive or a real hard disk and if so is it powered.

The HDT-1Xx0S series understands NTFS and I am fairly sure FAT32.
    Normally it reacts on USB insertion by displaying a popup menu.

Try a USB flash pen drive and post reaction to insertion.

| Tue 17 May 2016 16:57:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DavePen - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Files were transferred using the PVR-9150T filing system and the PVR USB port to a 'portable' hard disc formatted FAT 32.

Interesting. First time that anybody has suggested that the 9150 USB port does anything useful. What do you mean by "using the PVR-9150T file system"? Can the files be seen if the portable drive is plugged into a PC? Perhaps an HDR-1100S user can comment on whether FAT32 should work.

| Tue 17 May 2016 16:58:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavePen

The 'portable' was, in fact 2 x 500 Gb 2.5" hard drives, one branded Calmec Xena and bought from Humax, the other taken from an old laptop and put in a portable 2.5" case. Both use power from the (single) USB connection. On the 'old' PVR-9150T it was possible to plug in the drives and call up a page which listed the contents of both the PVR internal drive and the external drive, side by side. It was then possible to transfer files from the PVT to the USB hard disc - and vice-versa. Transfer was much faster than playing the file but still quite slow. Moving 500Gb was a 2 day job.
    The HDR-1100S does not seem to have this facility - at least it is not documented in the (very slim) handbook.

| Tue 17 May 2016 17:31:18 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I fear that the power requirements might exceed that of the USB spec. I suggest you try a large pen drive or possibly connect the disk to a PC and add it's contents to a DLNA server such as Windows Media Player (Not ancient editions)

| Tue 17 May 2016 18:03:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DavePen - 41 minutes ago  » 
    On the 'old' PVR-9150T it was possible to plug in the drives and call up a page which listed the contents of both the PVR internal drive and the external drive, side by side. It was then possible to transfer files from the PVT to the USB hard disc - and vice-versa. Transfer was much faster than playing the file but still quite slow. Moving 500Gb was a 2 day job.

I am sorry but that doesn't sound like a PVR-9150T. Could it have been an HDR-FOX T2 or an HDR-2000T?

| Tue 17 May 2016 18:14:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavePen

Firstly, sorry, my old system was a Foxsat-HDR - I was confused with the name of an even older system my mother now uses.

But, anyway, the old Foxsat-HDR provided enough power through its USB ports to drive the hard discs - I don't have a problem with that system. My problems are:

1. Getting the new HDR-1100S to 'see' the old hard discs.
    2. Transferring the remaining recordings on the old Foxsat-HDR to the new HDR-1100S.

Any suggestions?

| Tue 17 May 2016 19:16:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DavePen - 2 hours ago  » 
    But, anyway, the old Foxsat-HDR provided enough power through its USB ports to drive the hard discs - I don't have a problem with that system.

But the issues connected with transferring recordings DO DIFFER depending on the model they are coming from. Are these HD or SD recordings?

| Tue 17 May 2016 21:37:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.