My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Using 2 FVP-5000T's

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

The FVP 5000T manual says it is possible - see page 15

I wonder how it works? Assume Humax_1 has a program Fred stored on it. Humax_1 is connected to TV_1.

Humax_2 is connected to TV_2.

If I use Humax_2, I can see Fred on Humax_1 and I can ask for Fred to be played on TV_2.

What happens?

Is the stored data on Humax_1 sent to Humax_2 where it is processed by Humax_2 (un-encoded/) and Humax_2 sends it to TV_2?

Or is the stored data on Humax_1 processed by Humax_1 (un-encoded?) and sent direct to TV_2 such that it is not processed by Humax_2?

Attachments

1. Clipboard02.gif (212 KB, 15 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 2 Nov 2018 17:22:39 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

pigolato - 5 hours ago  » 
    Also my HD FoxT2 (with custom firmware) and Samsung TV (UE50MU6120K) will both play HD recordings from either 4000T

Please can you explain the steps you are taking to play HD content from the 4000T on an HD-FOX T2? I can play SD content from an FVP-5000T without problem via DLNA. HD content is shown in the media list with an icon that looks like a segment of camera file with superimposed on top a red circle with a white diagonal line through it (which I take to be a no entry sign); attempts to play the HD content results in a 'Cannot support this file format" error message. What am I doing wrong or what are you doing differently?

Firstly, to be clear, I am using the HD FOX T2, not the HDR FOXT2.
    It has the custom firmware package installed.
    To play the recordings from either of the networked 4000Ts (I have two), I press the Media button on the remote, change to Network with the blue button, and a list of servers appears, including the two 4000Ts.
    Selecting either of these takes you to the My Contents folder, then the Recordings folder. Each recording has a filmstrip icon, with a "no entry" icon superimposed, like you are seeing.
    Selecting the recording then gives "connecting" then "processing" then the recording plays.
    I was as surprised as you that it works, and I haven't done anything specifically to enable HD playback. I have some extra packages installed with the custom firmware, specifically "auto-unprotect" and "chase-decrypt" which may be involved in HD playback decryption, I don't know.

| Fri 2 Nov 2018 17:29:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pigolato - 2 hours ago  » 
    Firstly, to be clear, I am using the HD FOX T2, not the HDR FOXT2.
    It has the custom firmware package installed.
    To play the recordings from either of the networked 4000Ts (I have two), I press the Media button on the remote, change to Network with the blue button, and a list of servers appears, including the two 4000Ts.
    Selecting either of these takes you to the My Contents folder, then the Recordings folder. Each recording has a filmstrip icon, with a "no entry" icon superimposed, like you are seeing.
    Selecting the recording then gives "connecting" then "processing" then the recording plays.

Well that is interesting. I have no idea why that works for you and not for me but yes I am using an HDR-FOX T2. What Humax software version is your box using?

I was as surprised as you that it works, and I haven't done anything specifically to enable HD playback. I have some extra packages installed with the custom firmware, specifically "auto-unprotect" and "chase-decrypt" which may be involved in HD playback decryption, I don't know.

They will only work on local content and not content being played by DLNA.

| Fri 2 Nov 2018 19:40:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Software details:
    Web interface version: 1.4.4-1
    Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
    Humax Version: 1.03.02 (kernel HD_1.03.02)
    Loader Version: L7.27

| Sat 3 Nov 2018 9:04:48 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.