My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Using Composite and HDMI together

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

I have my Tv connected to Hdmi output of the youview box and a video recorder is connected to the scart scocket of the youview box and also the scart on the tv. And I can view the guide, menu overlys on both the scart & hdmi outputs no problem with out disconnecting any thing

| Thu 9 Aug 2012 13:50:12 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Must be down to the way the TV handles a hdmi input that is not selected. Going to be a problem finding which TV does what.

| Thu 9 Aug 2012 13:58:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SNGLinks

Also subtitles are missing. A right PITA when recording to DVD for my deaf mother.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 11:22:55 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

SNGLinks - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Also subtitles are missing. A right PITA when recording to DVD for my deaf mother.

Welcome to the Forum

Any specific channel?

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 11:26:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SNGLinks

The subtitles are there on the recording and can be seen via HDMI but when recording to a DVD recorder via SCART they disappear.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 13:35:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

SNGLinks - 6 hours ago  » 
    The subtitles are there on the recording and can be seen via HDMI but when recording to a DVD recorder via SCART they disappear.

Have you tried temporary disconecting the HDMI and viewing the youview box via DVD recorder? You should be able to see the the programe with subtitles. If so record your prorgrame for your mum and then reinstate the HDMI cable. Hopefuly there will be a fix for this probem soon, but this may be a temporary solutoution to thevproblem.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 19:53:40 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dunc

We have also been affected by this problem. We need to output HDMI and scart/composite at the same time from our Humax YouView DTR T1000 box, but the menus and EPG are only sent via HDMI.

On the scart and composite, you just get the current channel in the top right corner when the guide is active. Disconnecting HDMI fixes the problem, but is not an option as we want to send to both a TV and RF modulator which feeds other rooms.

Hopefully SteveA will hear back from Humax soon.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:23:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

I haven't heard anything from them, and I've selfishly lost interest because I solved the problem by using various devices to split and convert the HDMI signal!

Maybe it'll be fixed in the next update, but if its true that the box doesn't have sufficient horsepower to support the graphics on both outputs it may not ever happen.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:40:29 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.