My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Video via USB mem stick?

(14 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Memnon - 6 minutes ago  » 
    All the files need to be in VOB format ?
    I do do this, using my DVD creation package and create project folder rather than burn

I know .vob files are simply mpeg2 programme stream files with additional info, you can usually simply rename them to .mpg. To stream them or play them back on your box you need to join them into one continuous file (and chuck away the unwanted data that is only required for a DVD player to play back the content on a DVD-VIDEO disc). Easiest way is to use them is simply re-contain the existing mpeg2 to a transport stream format. As there is no re-coding involved it's a very fast process.

The information I posted describes how to do this, if you don't have the software already to output a VIDEO_TS folder to a standard video container.

If you have videoredo you can do this is one simple operation.

If you have access to this software (not free) I can explain how. If I remember correctly you can open DV files directly in Videoredo.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 12:56:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

Does FOX-T2 support only .ts or does it also support .m2ts ?

Many applications support both as an input.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 17:11:06 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It doesn't recognise files with a .mts or .m2ts, but if you simply change the extension to .ts it recognises and plays back content. See my post above post re joining HD camcorder files to playback via the unit.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 17:19:45 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

I did not realise it was a simple as changing the file type ... I don't have Videoredo but I can can arrange video to be one single file.

I'll try it out.

| Wed 12 Feb 2014 18:31:12 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.