My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Viewing a series recording in correct order

(23 posts)
  1. barryiow

barryiow

I couldn't agree more, it is unbelievable that Humax will not correct this!!!!

| Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:13:56 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Probably nothing to do with Humax. Like Freesat, Humax and the Digital TV Consortium (DTVC) that own Freeview have contracted the software out to a 3rd party. It would cost money to now have the s/w changed. DTVC probably don't care and Humax are in terminal decline.

| Thu 27 Jun 2019 18:41:58 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

barryiow - 9 hours ago  » 
    I couldn't agree more, it is unbelievable that Humax will not correct this!!!!

Compared to the G2-Freesat boxes ordering in a series recording folder is at least logical, the order on these boxes is frankly a joke.

G2 added the capability for the broadcaster to add a episode number and a series number. Sadly the sort order ignores the series number and gives the episode number precedence, there is no simple transmitted time and date order sort.

Big problem with the broadcasters who

1 Often add more than 1 series to one CRID (eg Father Brown - BBC-HD)

2 Often reset the episode number for the same Series eg - (long running ITV series like Emmmerdale where the episode number can easily exceed 3 figures)

3 Often include slightly related single programmes within a single series CRID (Like ITV showing a series of say the early Bond movies)

The idiots at Freesat who specified this sort order as the default with no way to re-order frankly should be sacked as incompetent, despite repeated complaints they have done nothing about it.

The older boxes had simple re-order options notably the simple time and date transmitted options. This works fine and surely must be the easiest option to programme.

| Thu 27 Jun 2019 21:32:49 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.