My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

VPN for iplayer overseas

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ccm447

Hi,

I just thought I'd post my experience with this in France.
    Unblock-us works with a landline broadband connection ONLY (says so on their website). They supply an app for Windows but you can do it manually with DNS settings. In the event that there is a power outage you may have to reinput from a PC before it will work again.In my case I knew them off by heart such was the frequency of power downs last year.

Sadly my ADSL speed has degraded to such an extent that I have moved over to satellite broadband through ozone.net. This means unblock-us no longer works for any device. I can happily use almost any VPN provider for my PC but as this HUMAX box seems to want to see only a DHCP server and not an FTP I have yet to crack access to On Demand services, but am very pleased with it otherwise, especially EPG which is way better than my old Technomate satellite boxes.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 11:30:10 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you are using satellite, why did you not choose one with a UK IP address? I use Tooway via http://www.europasat.com/

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 11:51:40 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ccm447

I think it was because the download speeds were much higher.

Using the Humax OD services is not a deal breaker but I do like to provide the user (my OH) with the best services a device can give.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 12:29:09 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ccm447 - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I think it was because the download speeds were much higher.
    Using the Humax OD services is not a deal breaker but I do like to provide the user (my OH) with the best services a device can give.

It looks to me that both use the same basic service (Eutelsat Ka Sat).

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 12:53:44 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.