My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Waste of space, time and effort!

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

Humax Aura started blanking out for a few seconds on commercial channels(3,4,5,6,10 and their +1 channels).

AT TIMES:
    The box is ignoring scheduled recordings - no fail message
    Won't let us record a third channel
    Sometimes wont even let us change channels even if only one channel recording

Despite many, many attempts to sync the box with a universal remote control, it just isn't happening.

I'm about at the end of my tether with this box. Can anyone help or advise where I can contact HUMAX direct?

I bought the box new at the end of October 2023.

TYIA

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 15:56:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

drayner

I have had/am having ALL of those problems. Humax Support (For what its worth )is 0344318 8800. They told me to do a Factory Reset. I did - waste of time/effort. No change to the problems. Tell me where the end of your tether is - I'll join you.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 16:31:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

LadyAurora - 2 hours ago  » 
    Humax Aura started blanking out for a few seconds on commercial channels(3,4,5,6,10 and their +1 channels).
    AT TIMES:
    The box is ignoring scheduled recordings - no fail message
    Won't let us record a third channel
    Sometimes wont even let us change channels even if only one channel recording
    Despite many, many attempts to sync the box with a universal remote control, it just isn't happening.
    I'm about at the end of my tether with this box. Can anyone help or advise where I can contact HUMAX direct?
    I bought the box new at the end of October 2023.
    TYIA

Hi LadyAurora,

You have the "Sales of Goods act" valid for SIX years behind you. All you need to do is return pvr to your retailer: "not fit for purpose" & DEMAND your refund. If they refuse, worth contacting their Customer services manager & hopefully obtain your refund. Humax know they have problems, faults etc. You as a consumer are not happy. You should be entitled to a refund, especially within a very short period of time using product. You have only had this since end of Oct? That's only 3 months!!

Do you watch the consumer programmes on tv, if you do, then you know what to do. If you purchased from Richer Sounds, they will certainly be very helpful to resolve your complaint with product. All Humax will do is recommend factory reset, or send you a replacement, that may do same thing. Hope you get it resolved. The Aura is a very expensive product. John L

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:07:24 #3 |
  4. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

I have a FVP-1000T which says it has zero storage so believes it has no HDD and it will not let the user reformat it either. The 12V power is getting to the drive, So, what is likely to be the problem. Ideas much appreciated.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:13:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Rayzwave - 1 min ago  » 
    I have a FVP-1000T which says it has zero storage so believes it has no HDD and it will not let the user reformat it either. The 12V power is getting to the drive, So, what is likely to be the problem. Ideas much appreciated.

Hi Rayzwave,

Welcome to the forum. Please note, you have put a query on the wrong topic post. This feed is about the Humax Aura. Do you mean the FVP-4000/5000 model? There is not a FVP-1000T model in the uk.

My guess your pvr has a hard drive issue, meaning reformat hard drive or something else. Depending on age of box, could be failing hard drive or a simple fix of reformating, but you will lose all recordings.

I would try first to do a factory reset. Are you able to access any menus? You could disconnect hard drive & test box works without drive & then reconnect & see if it recognises the hard drive. If this fails, then you will need to investigate your hard drive issue further. Please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:22:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

There is a widespread issue popped up in recent days affecting many people in many regions of the country blanking chs which seems to affect itv1 ch4 ch5 Film4 none HD ect and the +1 ch all chs on PSB2 frequency cluster. It is been spoken about in this forum. As for your other issues ignoring recordings unable change ch recording only 1 ch ect not sure why. I had a box replaced last year due to signal quality fluxuation issue faulty tuner. Hope you get sorted soon

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 17:39:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeff E

Hi everyone.

I haven't got much input on this, but on Tuesday 06Feb24, something I was watching that had been recorded on Channel5 went blank for a second or so. The following day the event repeated on C4 and has been happening lots of times since. Both channels are on PSB2.
    After checking the settings hadn't changed, I started searching the internet and found this post.
    One thing that I found was if I did a live rewind, the blackout didn't show. Strange?

Location WN2, 14km line of sight to Winter Hill.

| Sun 11 Feb 2024 16:39:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeff E

Sorry if this has already been covered......
    I sent a question to Humax:

Dear Humax,
    I bought an Aura 2Tb Freeview recorder in December 2023, and it has been
    great until last week (. Programmes on channel4 and channel5 have
    started to drop for a second or so, including recordings from those
    channels, but never on any other programmes. If I change to the HD
    channel, the drops do not happen.
    I really don't want to lose my recordings, so I'm contacting you to see
    if there's something that I can do to stop this happening.
    I do find it strange that it's only on two channels.

Can you help please?
    Thanks and regards

Jeff

And this is the reply:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Humax and bringing the issue to our attention.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of contacts due to an issue with our Aura set-top box, where specific channels may temporarily experience a blackout screen.

Our development team has already identified the root cause of the problem and is currently in the process of testing a bugfix with selected users. This testing phase is crucial as we aim to ensure that the solution does not have any unintended side effects on the Freeview app.

We kindly ask for your patience during this time as we collect and analyze feedback from our testers. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve the issue.

There is no need for further action on your part at this time. We will provide updates and additional information on our website and through notifications to our registered users as soon as a fix is available. Please also note that the HD channels are working flawlessly, so if your TV allows, we advise you to watch those until the final and official software update is released.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing Humax. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Judit

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 17:55:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

I've just contacted Humax re all problems I stated above. They're sending an email with instructions on how to stop the "blanking out on the commercial channels". Allegedly this should also help with all the other problems I stated. Really? One thing it can't fix - apparently - is the syncing of a UNIVERSAL remote control with Humax remote. Go figure!

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 12:35:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

LadyAurora - 18 mins ago  » 
    I've just contacted Humax re all problems I stated above. They're sending an email with instructions on how to stop the "blanking out on the commercial channels". Allegedly this should also help with all the other problems I stated. Really? One thing it can't fix - apparently - is the syncing of a UNIVERSAL remote control with Humax remote. Go figure!

Lady aurora,

Good morning. Have you tried? Appreciate Humax have a bug problem, but might be worth having a go? Patience is the key word. I have several Humax pvrs and they have had their fair share of frustrations over the years. As for universal remote, what problem are you experiencing? If it's a one for all remote, loads of help via their support. Is it a code problem, or a button cloning issue? Is your Humax remote the original one supplied or a cloned replacement? John L

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 12:59:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.