My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Waste of space, time and effort!

(20 posts)
  1. Fixdit

Fixdit

Hi Lady Aurora

If your universal remote has a learning mode it may be possible to copy the Humax
    remotes codes.

first unpair the Humax remote (long press the OK and BLUE buttons at the same time for 5 seconds)
    Then follow the universal remotes instructions.

To Re-Pair Humax remote (long press the OK and i buttons at the same time for 5 seconds)

Hope this may help

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 14:40:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

Lady aurora,
    Good morning. Have you tried? Appreciate Humax have a bug problem, but might be worth having a go? Patience is the key word. I have several Humax pvrs and they have had their fair share of frustrations over the years. As for universal remote, what problem are you experiencing? If it's a one for all remote, loads of help via their support. Is it a code problem, or a button cloning issue? Is your Humax remote the original one supplied or a cloned replacement? John L

Got email - sent to wrong address. Fair enough, can happen to anyone. As for PATIENCE? I think THREE MONTHS WORTH OF PATIENCE is quite enough! This Humax Aura is definitely NOT doing what it says on the box. If it was a wee cheap thing, I'd understand. But £249 is not cheap - to me anyway. Re remote. I have followed ALL instructions to the letter and tried every code on the Humax website. Guess what? ZILCH.

I'm going to follow the instructions in the email, see if I can get this thing to at least stop blanking out every commercial channel, then I'll deal with the rest if needs be.

Chances are, the box will be getting returned. I somehow thought it was just too good to be true and I should've followed my instincts.

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 15:41:54 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

Lady aurora,
    Good morning. Have you tried? Appreciate Humax have a bug problem, but might be worth having a go? Patience is the key word. I have several Humax pvrs and they have had their fair share of frustrations over the years. As for universal remote, what problem are you experiencing? If it's a one for all remote, loads of help via their support. Is it a code problem, or a button cloning issue? Is your Humax remote the original one supplied or a cloned replacement? John L

Got email after almost two hours. I called back and it had been sent to wrong address. Fair enough, can happen to anyone. As for PATIENCE? I think THREE MONTHS WORTH OF PATIENCE is quite enough! This Humax Aura is definitely NOT doing what it says on the box. If it was a wee cheap thing, I'd understand. But £249 is not cheap - to me anyway. Re remote. I have followed ALL instructions to the letter and tried every code on the Humax website. Guess what? ZILCH.

I'm going to follow the instructions in the email, see if I can get this thing to at least stop blanking out every commercial channel, then I'll deal with the rest if needs be.

Chances are, the box will be getting returned. I somehow thought it was just too good to be true and I should've followed my instincts.

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 15:43:16 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

Fixdit - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Lady Aurora
    If your universal remote has a learning mode it may be possible to copy the Humax
    remotes codes.
    first unpair the Humax remote (long press the OK and BLUE buttons at the same time for 5 seconds)
    Then follow the universal remotes instructions.
    To Re-Pair Humax remote (long press the OK and i buttons at the same time for 5 seconds)
    Hope this may help

Thank you. I'll give that a try after I deal with the channels "blanking out.

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 15:44:34 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

LadyAurora - 1 min ago  » 
    Lady aurora,
    Got email - sent to wrong address. Fair enough, can happen to anyone. As for PATIENCE? I think THREE MONTHS WORTH OF PATIENCE is quite enough! This Humax Aura is definitely NOT doing what it says on the box. If it was a wee cheap thing, I'd understand. But £249 is not cheap - to me anyway. Re remote. I have followed ALL instructions to the letter and tried every code on the Humax website. Guess what? ZILCH.

Take it back to Retailer! Ask for a refund. Are you aware that you are covered upto 6 years under sales of goods act? Which retailer did you purchase this from? "product not fit for purpose etc". Hope you get matter resolved asap. John L

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 15:46:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LadyAurora

I phoned Humax. They sent an email with instructions on how to sort out the "blanking" on commercial channels. It worked. C&P below. Hope it helps with your problems

We're writing to inform you that in response to recent beta testing results, we have initiated the software update process for the "Freeview" app across ALL Aura units currently in the field.[/b]

The update is being rolled out automatically to all boxes as users continue to use their devices normally.
    However, if you find that your unit still retains the old version of the app, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below for a manual update:

Turn on your set-top box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on your set-top box again and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode once more, this time for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview" : it should show "1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4"
    (Please note: This should not be confused with the app called Freeview TV).

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during these days of inconvenience. Our team is committed to ensuring that you have a seamless experience with the Freeview app moving forward. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

| Sat 2 Mar 2024 21:05:18 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@LadyAurora
    If you had bothered to look instead of just ranting you would have found that information from Humax already posted here since Feb 14th in the obviously related thread titled
    "Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels"

| Sun 3 Mar 2024 2:16:01 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

trog - 9 hours ago  » 
    @LadyAurora
    If you had bothered to look instead of just ranting you would have found that information from Humax already posted here since Feb 14th in the obviously related thread titled

Very well summed up Trog. Patience is the key word. Appreciate frustration with Humax issues, but be more patient, at least Humax are aware of problem. It takes time to test software. John L

| Sun 3 Mar 2024 11:44:06 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

jdlfreetime - 3 hours ago  » 

trog - 9 hours ago  » 
    @LadyAurora

Very well summed up Trog. Patience is the key word. Appreciate frustration with Humax issues, but be more patient, at least Humax are aware of problem. It takes time to test software. John L

“Time to test software” - like 2 1/2 years to fix other software issues - they’ve given up - they don’t care

| Sun 3 Mar 2024 15:17:09 #19 |
  10. Fixdit

Fixdit

At least Lady Aurora replied to those who tried to help, and acknowledged that The Humax fix worked. People new to this site dont always know the protocol involved and they take time to understand.

| Sun 3 Mar 2024 17:15:01 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.