My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What are the coloured buttons actually used for ?

(9 posts)
  1. Paul_D

Paul_D

The Humax supplied remote for my 4000T no longer works properly and I have replaced it with a universal remote which is programmable.

The universal remote works perfectly, however it doesn't have enough buttons to allow me to program every single Humax remote command.

I have programmed all the essential commands, however, there are a couple of commands missing but they are not an issue because they can still be accessed via the Humax menu. However, there doesn't appear to be any way to access "Search" other than directly using the remote control.

Therefore, I am considering sacrificing one of the coloured buttons (possibly Yellow or Blue) to use for the "Search" command.

In order to assist me in deciding which button to sacrifice, have I got the following correct with respect to what the coloured buttons are actually used for:

Interactive: Red
    Live restart (BBC): Green
    Humax hidden menus: Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue

Thanks,
    Paul.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 11:19:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

According to the manual there are a couple of ways of displaying the channel list by pressing the blue button, while watching live TV.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 12:25:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Does the universal remote not have a couple of keys that are set aside for assigning to specific tasks?

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 14:11:31 #3 |
  4. Paul_D

Paul_D

Luke - 3 hours ago  » 
    According to the manual there are a couple of ways of displaying the channel list by pressing the blue button, while watching live TV.

Thanks for that, it is indeed in the manual and it displays on the screen. I've just never noticed it

It's not something I'll ever use, but I'll keep it for now, so it looks like Yellow is the favorite.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 15:32:46 #4 |
  5. Paul_D

Paul_D

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does the universal remote not have a couple of keys that are set aside for assigning to specific tasks?

Yes it does, but I've already assigned them.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 15:34:15 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Does the universal remote control support long press as well as short press. This can double the number of functions you can assign. For example I assign Skip Back to a long press of the Rewind key on my Harmony remote control.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 16:27:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

gomezz - 19 mins ago  » 
    Does the universal remote control support long press as well as short press. This can double the number of functions you can assign. For example I assign Skip Back to a long press of the Rewind key on my Harmony remote control.

Actually, that's a good suggestion (if supported).
    Perhaps "long press" the guide button?

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 16:47:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I don't know about the 4000T remote, but I have one for the 5000T which I have managed to open up. When it starts to get iffy, I take it apart and clean all the rubber surfaces under the buttons with a cotton bud. Works a treat.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 16:52:07 #8 |
  9. Paul_D

Paul_D

Thanks for your help and suggestions but unfortunately, long/short presses don't appear to be a supported feature of this remote.

However, I think that the Yellow button will suffice and should I need to access the Humax hidden menus, then the original Humax remote can be used as those buttons still work.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 17:15:20 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.