My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

What causes our 1000s to wake up?

(14 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have a HB-1000S in my bedroom. It is seldom used. One in a while, I only notice when I get up in the night for the usual reasons, I see it is up with the network active. I would guess once a week? maybe twice.

I assume this is necessary to refresh the 7 day epg?

How is your bedroom unit used?

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 21:04:32 #11 |
  2. black knight

black knight

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 days ago  » 

black knight - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Even without the app installed, these G2 boxes wake up far more often than the old Foxsats do. We bought one as a bedroom box and have been constantly awoken by the drive spinning up, sometimes multiple times a night even with no recordings scheduled.
    It got so bad we've had to put the old 'quiet' Foxsat back in, which means we can get a good nights sleep again. There's just something odd about these G2 boxes and the way they keep checking for stuff.

There is something unusual about your box as my two year old box has never done that. Check Settings for a wakeup period having been set.

Had already checked that. No wake-up times set or recordings. Still a mystery why it kept happening.

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 14:22:22 #12 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

REPASSAC - 2 days ago  » 
    How is your bedroom unit used?

Like any other unit really. We record and watch some tv on it, and the odd occasional use of on demand. It's then manually put into standby when we go to sleep.

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 14:24:48 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

black knight - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Like any other unit really. We record and watch some tv on it, and the odd occasional use of on demand. It's then manually put into standby when we go to sleep.

It is not paired to the freesat app is it - that causes wake ups about every 20 mins or so.

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 15:23:41 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.