My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What to do after the update

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I had the update yesterday - does anyone know whether a factory reset is recommended afterwards and does this wipe any existing recordings?

I ask because I spend a fair bit of time doing a delete all channels - manual retune and re-adding all my scheduled recordings after the update yesterday.

Today I've turned on the box and the schedule is empty again although the previously set-up recordings are shown with the recording icon in the tvguide.

I'm also still getting loads of "No programme information" entries for different channels in the guide - sometimes it can take ages before the programme info comes up. When I asked about this previously the answer was to manually tune to one transmitter but it's still happening.

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 11:19:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I updated mine yesterday, took a note of the schedule and factory reset it without formatting so I kept the recordings, I also did a cold reboot to finish off.

Seeing as your schedule is empty it is an ideal time to factory reset and hopefully a lot of the problems you've experienced will be fixed. Bear in mind the box is still slow and it will take a while to populate.

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 11:45:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks - I hadn't checked the factory reset option before so didn't see there was an option not to format the drive.

Is anyone else seeing the 'No Programme Information' entries in the guide with an auto or manual tune?

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 11:55:18 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would always recommend a factory reset after software install, besides ensuring 'old code' is cleared out it gives a known good configuration.

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 12:25:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks Barry - I have another issue - it won't accept my password needed for the factory reset. Have you seen this before or is there a default password? Cheers.

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 12:30:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 12:33:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Great, thanks very much.

| Tue 22 Nov 2016 12:34:23 #7 |
  8. aciddad

aciddad

special member

This is interesting. I've had 1.01.49 on my box for a few days. It was supplied by Humax because of problems I raised. I've had the empty schedule problem (and not responding after the update). Humax have told me my box must be faulty and it is being swapped on Thursday 24th. It's beginning to look like this update has introduced other bugs.
    David

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 15:00:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamambrose

Had no issues at all with my update. My schedule wasn't wiped. I can now stream my movies from my network box which wouldn't work before. EPG still sluggish, but not complaining. Haven't experienced the random restart since updating. But did experience it on previous firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 22:59:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

aciddad - 8 hours ago  » 
    This is interesting. I've had 1.01.49 on my box for a few days. It was supplied by Humax because of problems I raised. I've had the empty schedule problem (and not responding after the update). Humax have told me my box must be faulty and it is being swapped on Thursday 24th. It's beginning to look like this update has introduced other bugs.
    David

I did a factory reset, manual tune, put all my scheduled recordings back in and..they've disappeared again - there's nothing in the schedule list. The recordings I setup are still marked in the guide though. Any ideas?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 23:48:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.