My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What to do after the update

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

yes, i've realised the SCHEDULE page does have a purpose - it's the way to delete or edit programmed timers - so this bug makes the box not really fit for purpose.

i suppose that not being able to delete or edit programming info is a slightly better situation than simply not being sure your programme will record at all, or whether a random power off will screw it up. but really...
    is it actually legal under UK trading laws for humax to sell their gear in this unfinished state?

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 12:24:45 #21 |
  2. aciddad

aciddad

special member

The question is DOES it record if the schedule is empty? I'll know shortly, my first recording is set for 1:15pm.
    Has anyone with the problem already confirmed that recordings still take place? And can everyone with the problem please email Humax customer services. The more feedback they get the more likely they are to accept that it is a problem.

David.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 13:58:23 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

aciddad - 7 minutes ago  » 
    The question is DOES it record if the schedule is empty? I'll know shortly, my first recording is set for 1:15pm.
    Has anyone with the problem already confirmed that recordings still take place? And can everyone with the problem please email Humax customer services. The more feedback they get the more likely they are to accept that it is a problem.
    David.

I have the same issue and I can confirm that everything records just fine.

As has been said, a power off of the box brings all scheduled recordings back. So even though scheduled recordings don't appear in that list, they work.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 14:08:36 #23 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Thanks, Luddym. I've just had my recording start. The schedule remains empty.
    I had the same problem on my previous unit after installing a beta 1.01.49 and found that powering off restored the schedule although not always all of it. Humax declared that box faulty and exchanged it. This morning was the first time the replacement had been switched on from standby with recordings in the schedule.
    Now off to tell Humax the news.

David.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 14:25:24 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Is not having a working SCHEDULE page problematic for some reason I haven't thought of, other than it being a pointless waste of UI graphics?

I don't want to have to check through pages of the the TV guide to see what's due for recording - due to the unreliability of the box so far I really need to see see what it is going to (hopefully) record for each day. I don't really want to be powering off the box either each time the schedule is empty or partially full - even when it is re-populated, it frequently loses everything again the next day. At least it hasn't missed a recording yet as far as I can tell.
    EDIT: Just checked and my schedule is still empty after a reboot.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:53:29 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamambrose

Just had a random restart. Guess it's not fixed the issue then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 1:16:59 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.