My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What to do after the update

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I did a factory reset, manual tune, put all my scheduled recordings back in and..they've disappeared again - there's nothing in the schedule list. The recordings I setup are still marked in the guide though. Any ideas?

I'm still not sure whether the manual tune was done correctly.

start the automatic channel search, stop it as soon as it starts, save and exit - this will wipe the current channels and schedule. start the manual seach for Wenvoe, I believe.
    change the transmission to dvb-t2 for channels 31 37 47
    change to dvb-t for channels 39 41 42 44 45 51
    and save

If this is how you carried out the manual tune, in particular with the auto tune (auto channel search and stop) first then don't do it again as you'll lose your planned recording schedule.

Manual tune is only necessary if you live in a multiple transmitter area and in a previous post you mentioned that multiple transmitters didn't apply in your case; however you are manually tuning which I find a bit confusing as auto tuning is by far easier. Depending upon your location you may have even more than two transmitters to deal with which will complicate things further.

It's quite possible in the meantime that your schedule has reappeared. I'm guessing the tuning isn't correct as that leads to all sorts of wierd problems. On other humax boxes the recording doesn't start, no sign of it, and it isn't until the box's tuner is tuned to that transmitter that the schedule for that recording is found and then marked as failed and this can be hours/days later. If this doesn't make sense, don't worry it's just a sympton of wierd behaviour with multiple transmitters which is why it's very important to tune to one single transmitter.

It's interesting that the scheduled recordings are visible in the guide. I'd be tempted to tune/switch into the channel that shows scheduled recordings and see if the schedule reappears. Also set a random programme to record that starts in the next few minutes and see if that appears and also whether it records.

It's entirley possible that your box is faulty, I'd be inclined double check tuning again though.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 7:06:30 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

damian - 2 hours ago  » 

I did a factory reset, manual tune, put all my scheduled recordings back in and..they've disappeared again - there's nothing in the schedule list. The recordings I setup are still marked in the guide though. Any ideas?

I'm still not sure whether the manual tune was done correctly.
    start the automatic channel search, stop it as soon as it starts, save and exit - this will wipe the current channels and schedule. start the manual seach for Wenvoe, I believe.
    change the transmission to dvb-t2 for channels 31 37 47
    change to dvb-t for channels 39 41 42 44 45 51
    and save
    If this is how you carried out the manual tune, in particular with the auto tune (auto channel search and stop) first then don't do it again as you'll lose your planned recording schedule.
    Manual tune is only necessary if you live in a multiple transmitter area and in a previous post you mentioned that multiple transmitters didn't apply in your case; however you are manually tuning which I find a bit confusing as auto tuning is by far easier. Depending upon your location you may have even more than two transmitters to deal with which will complicate things further.
    It's quite possible in the meantime that your schedule has reappeared. I'm guessing the tuning isn't correct as that leads to all sorts of wierd problems. On other humax boxes the recording doesn't start, no sign of it, and it isn't until the box's tuner is tuned to that transmitter that the schedule for that recording is found and then marked as failed and this can be hours/days later. If this doesn't make sense, don't worry it's just a sympton of wierd behaviour with multiple transmitters which is why it's very important to tune to one single transmitter.
    It's interesting that the scheduled recordings are visible in the guide. I'd be tempted to tune/switch into the channel that shows scheduled recordings and see if the schedule reappears. Also set a random programme to record that starts in the next few minutes and see if that appears and also whether it records.
    It's entirley possible that your box is faulty, I'd be inclined double check tuning again though.

Hi, thanks yes that's the procedure I carried out for the manual tune. I only do this as I was told lots of 'no programme information' in the guide was due to multiple transmitters but I still get it after a manual tune. The schedule has populated itself again today somehow so I'll see if it lasts. If not I'll have to wipe the channels again, try autotune and re-setup the recordings. No idea what's causing the lack of programme information in the guide (I have 100% signal) - it eventually finds them, but it can take ages and I sometimes need to switch to the channel the info is missing for and eventually it shows up.

I forgot to say I did manage to setup the humax tv guide app on my phone the other day - I haven't used it much yet but I noticed the schedule on the app was empty so I unlinked the pvr from it last night and turned off remote recording so that may possibly have something to do with it.

Cheers.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 10:12:55 #12 |
  3. aciddad

aciddad

special member

williamambrose - 1 day ago  » 
    Haven't experienced the random restart since updating. But did experience it on previous firmware.

I'm not convinced the random restart is random. On my old box and the replacement I got yesterday (and still running 1.00.73 software)it is repeatable in the following way. Set a recording and put the box into standby in plenty of time for it to switch on to record, After the recording ends and the box goes into standby it can be switched on with another Humax remote (set to a different mode obviously). I've been talking to Humax about this for weeks and they insist they cannot replicate it. Could other users try? How about Barry?
    As I said in my previous post I've had the empty schedule and failing to respond after updating software to 1.01.49 and together these are the reasons for the exchange. I'm trying this new box on the old software today. I prefer the epg layout but there may be nasties lying in wait. Also the red led is much brighter when recording than standby, but that may just be how this box works. I will update to 1.01.49 soon and if it crashes I'll be asking for a refund.

David

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 13:05:24 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamambrose

What's this app you're all on about for the epg? Can I have the name please.

Regards
    William

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 14:40:27 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Search for Humax Live TV, Humax TV Guide, Humax TV Remote.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 16:01:38 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

aciddad - 4 hours ago  » 

williamambrose - 1 day ago  » 
    Haven't experienced the random restart since updating. But did experience it on previous firmware.

I'm not convinced the random restart is random. On my old box and the replacement I got yesterday (and still running 1.00.73 software)it is repeatable in the following way. Set a recording and put the box into standby in plenty of time for it to switch on to record, After the recording ends and the box goes into standby it can be switched on with another Humax remote (set to a different mode obviously). I've been talking to Humax about this for weeks and they insist they cannot replicate it. Could other users try? How about Barry?
    As I said in my previous post I've had the empty schedule and failing to respond after updating software to 1.01.49 and together these are the reasons for the exchange. I'm trying this new box on the old software today. I prefer the epg layout but there may be nasties lying in wait. Also the red led is much brighter when recording than standby, but that may just be how this box works. I will update to 1.01.49 soon and if it crashes I'll be asking for a refund.
    David

Was the replacement the exact same model or the updated one with the different LED layout?

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 17:28:14 #16 |
  7. aciddad

aciddad

special member

It's obviously an old unit as it has an early version of the software (1.00.73.
    David

| Sat 26 Nov 2016 13:32:34 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

I'm actually not sure when my update happened. There was no notification, and nothing much seems to have changed. All my Favs and other channel choices are intact. Scheduled recordings on the guide remained the same and have recorded since.

I was under the impression an update caused the loss of scheduled recordings.

The only odd thing is that the actual SCEHDULE page is blank now, with 000/000 entries. But, tbh I hardly ever looked at this page, so not a huge concern at the moment.

I notice others have had problems with their schedule page also, but not all?

Is not having a working SCHEDULE page problematic for some reason I haven't thought of, other than it being a pointless waste of UI graphics?

It was only through this reading this forum that I was even aware of any update this week - the GUI is still horribly sluggish. The recordings in folders still select the most recent by default, rather than the oldest which surely is the episode most folk would want to watch. Maybe it's solved the power out problems - I hope so, but deeply unimpressed that nothing else seems to have been improved.

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 11:44:32 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorses

rikki - 7 hours ago  » 
    The only odd thing is that the actual SCEHDULE page is blank now, with 000/000 entries. But, tbh I hardly ever looked at this page, so not a huge concern at the moment.
    I notice others have had problems with their schedule page also, but not all?
    Is not having a working SCHEDULE page problematic for some reason I haven't thought of, other than it being a pointless waste of UI graphics?
    It was only through this reading this forum that I was even aware of any update this week - the GUI is still horribly sluggish. The recordings in folders still select the most recent by default, rather than the oldest which surely is the episode most folk would want to watch. Maybe it's solved the power out problems - I hope so, but deeply unimpressed that nothing else seems to have been improved.

Yes, since the update I have seen the schedule is only showing the current days set recordings. The others are still set, you can see them in the EPG, but no longer in the schedule page!

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 18:56:07 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2014

I really thought they had fixed this box . . . .

The power on problems seems to be sorted but I have found the problems mentioned by other posters with the schedule page, i.e. it's empty! As mentioned the events do appear in the EPG but I tried to delete/reset one or two and it wouldn't do it. Rebooting the box seems to bring back the schedule page but it's gone again the next day.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 12:14:49 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.