My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Where is BBC4 HD?

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Just back from 3 months in OZ. Humax EPG is telling me BBC4 HD has moved. Retuned, twice, auto tuning, but does not find it. Where has it gone? How do I get it back? In North London. TV, Samsung, rescan doesn't find it either. Thnak you

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 9:25:56 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Channel moved multiplex in mid January.

Now broadcast on Com 8 which is not available to all and transmits on much lower power then others muxes.

Do you know which transmitter you receive signal from?

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 10:32:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Edit: posted before I saw Barry's post.

As you have actioned an auto-retune it should still be on 106.

There is a possibility that your aerial does not receive the new underlying frequency well enough, or if a communal aerial it has not been setup for UHF 35. I'm presuming you are receiving your channels from Crystal Place

On your Humax if you go to the manual retune what 'Quality' and what 'Strength' does it show for UHF channel 35?
    MENU > Settings > Installation (default password 0000) > Manual Search > use right button > select 35 from the list > select left button > for transmission select "DVB-T2".

For crystal place the underlying frequency is changing again on 21st March.

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 10:38:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Thanks for responses. Channel 35 has strength and quality 0, on both DVB-T and DVB-T2 transmission. Ditto Channel 33. Yes, Crystal Palace is the source - yet this data coverage checker says all is perfect in N5 http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/display/detailed/N5+2BE/84/0
    Do you suggest waiting until 21st March? A pity because BBC4 HD is one of the few channnels I watch.

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 18:08:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Saralikesradio - 2 hours ago  » yet this data coverage checker says all is perfect in N5 http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes

The site does not know your particular aerial setup so presumes you have a standard aerial installed correctly at 10 metres high for Crystal Palace.

Saralikesradio - 2 hours ago  » 
    Do you suggest waiting until 21st March? A pity because BBC4 HD is one of the few channels I watch.

Unfortunately the situation may get slightly more complicated as the older aerial installations for Crystal Place never took into account that someday the frequency of the broadcasts may change as much as they are going to change for BBC FOUR HD on 21st March.
    In my view its worth spending a bit of time now trying to understand what has happened rather than wait until 21st March when it could get more complicated.

Saralikesradio - 2 hours ago  » 
    Channel 35 has strength and quality 0, on both DVB-T and DVB-T2 transmission. Ditto Channel 33.

Thanks for the additional 33 information.
    Channel 33 itself has not changed. If you were receiving BBC FOUR HD 4 months ago then when looking at the quality and strength now for channel 33 and DVB-T2 it should still register a number bigger than zero.

Sorry to ask but when you looked at the signal/quality for 33 are you sure that you were looking at DVB-T2 and not DVB-T on the screen?

Also do you have a communal aerial or an aerial just for your home?

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 22:46:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Oddly Channel 794 saids BBC4 HD against it. See pictures. Now after yet another retune it doesn't.
    Aerial is properly installed, shared between 3 flats, less than 5 years ago. BBC4 HD has been available. Haven't asked other neighbours if they are receiving it in HD. There have been some storms while away, so maybe there's a problem with aerial, but it finds all other HD channels.
    Did look at DVB-T2.
    Very puzzling.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 7:14:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Sorry - wouldn't let me attach pictures.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 7:18:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kieron

I've lost BBC FOUR HD (Channel 106) on my Humax Fox T2 despite numerous retunes and resets. The odd thing is that my Sony TV can receive channel 106, but only after I removed the aerial signal splitter/booster, so the signal must be there. The Humax box just can't receive it whatever I do.

| Fri 23 Mar 2018 12:26:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kieron

Just to add, I am in the London region.

| Fri 23 Mar 2018 12:30:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

firthsr

The MUX's which carry BBC FOUR HD and others have moved to UHF channels 55 and 56 (on March 21st). These channels are outside the range of a group A aerial, which is probably what you have. Also many landlords ignored the advice sent to them about the change so many people in flats etc have this problem.

| Fri 23 Mar 2018 18:21:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.